Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart View does not connect - "Something went wrong. Please try again"

(Topic created on: 14-12-2019 10:21 AM)
David32
First Poster
Options

Hi All,

I recently (today) bought new TV - UE55MU6172. I installed Smart View on my PC (W10) and Samsung Phone. It does work on the phone but not on my notebook. App finds the TV but when I click on it to connect it says: "Something went wrong. Please try again". Now I tried restarts and deactivating firewalls. Nothing seems to help. I noticed there is a lot of people experiencing this issue on US forums. but no tangible advice provided.

Would you please be able to help me out.

Thank a lot,

David

49 REPLIES 49
AndrewMac
Apprentice
Options

Hi Maxim

Regarding "5... Connect to the TV by pulling out the charm bar", does this require Miracast? (My machine doesn't support).

If i click on Connect from the Charm bar, Samsung doesn't appear as an option.

0 Likes
Alihen
First Poster
Options

One of the weirdest thing i've seen in 2019 soon 2020 is the facility how LG Smartshare connect to everything. 
This is not a joke, even if you don't have any LG devices, try to go with this software instead of the Samsung version. It work like a charm and it was for me a big headache relief.

0 Likes
Peej
First Poster
Options

I understand that then but then why have an App and instructions claiming to be able to do it? Just say 'Sorry, you can't do that on our TV's'

0 Likes
fmgs2
Apprentice
Options

I found something that works. It's a free app called Serviio. After enabling the app on my desktop computer, which is connected to the router via an ethernet cable, I found the server in the connections menu on the charm bar of my TV, which is connected to the same router via WiFi. It works perfectly. 

0 Likes
Greg_I
First Poster
Options

Hey, did you happen to find an exception to add to the firewall to stop this from happening?  

Same situation here.  If I turn off AVG Enhanced Firewall, I'm golden, but if the firewall is on, I'm blocked.

0 Likes
zeeshankhan
Student
Options

this worked for me too :smiling-face:

0 Likes
zeeshankhan
Student
Options
this worked for me too :smiling-face:
0 Likes
ayush
First Poster
Options

does your problem solved yet? because i am facing that problem too.

suggest me if there's any way

0 Likes
Greg_I
First Poster
Options

I gave up and ran a long HDMI cable from my PC to the TV with some shielding I bought from Home Depot...

0 Likes
zeeshankhan
Student
Options

Use the option CONNECT TO WIRELESS DISPLAY

0 Likes