Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart View died.

(Topic created on: 12-01-2021 05:03 PM)
FNUSNU
First Poster
Options
Hi all. I was using Smart View to cast to my LG Smart TV when it stopped half way through a program we were watching. Since then when I turn on smart view it doesn't even find my TV. I've restarted my phone, TV and router all to no avail. Any suggestions? TIA
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@FNUSNU: Please can you confirm the model number of your phone, located in Settings > About Phone? In the meantime, are you able to try connecting another compatible phone to the TV, as this will help to determine if the issue lies with the phone or the TV itself. Similarly, can you try mirroring your phone to a different TV? Please ensure that both the TV and phone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, as this is required to successfully connect via Smart View. 

0 Likes
FNUSNU
First Poster
Options
Hi Andrew it's an S20+ SM-G986B/DS. My wife tried too, same model, she couldn't connect either. Unfortunately we don't have another TV in the house to test it against. Many thanks.
0 Likes
FNUSNU
First Poster
Options
Just tried a 3rd party app, also failed to detect the TV. Thinking the LG is the issue. May do a factory reset on that.
0 Likes