Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart TV turns on, does not allow me to change source?

(Topic created on: 08-04-2022 12:59 AM)
CLTMichael
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I have a 65 inch smart TV.  When I turned TV it on, I could not change the source from Netflix to Youtube TV.  It was stuck and would not allow me to change.  I first thought it was the remote, but it turns on and off the TV with ease.  When I press the two buttons to reset the remote, the TV responds with at the top with some type of searching for bluetooth etc etc.

I then removed power from the TV for 5 mins and plugged it back on.  Now it's stuck on the Samsung TV Plus and won't allow me to change.

Any help would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @CLTMichael Press and hold the return and Play/Pause Buttons simultaneously for at least three seconds  and/or press and hold power button for around 5 seconds till red light begins flashing.   

If still not resolved I would suggest disconnecting from mains for 5 minutes followed by a Factory Reset.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
CLTMichael
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for your reply.  I have done the back and play button at the same time.  The TV sees it and the bluetooth thing pops up "searching"  Then nothing happens.

I have done the disconnect from main power for 5 mins and did not fix.

How do you Factory Reset?

Remember, I can't do anything with my remote except to turn off and on.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@CLTMichael Can you press the return button for 12 seconds, does any screen message appear?   Technically should be able to  factory reset from here.  

If not try a Flash Reset,there should be a button at the front right of the TV Under the Samsung logo on the TV you have a small black button about 2-3cm in from the bottom edge. With the tv turned on
1. press the button at the logo for 5-10 seconds
2. Release the button
3. press the powerbutton on the TV Remote for 5-10 seconds. Tv  should go black and then restart after a while.

If nothing works can you disconnect for a longer period, say at least 30 minutes before switching on again.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
CLTMichael
Apprentice
Options

James thank you for your help.  When this first happened I immediately ordered a new remote from Amazon.  It arrived yesterday and everything worked.  

0 Likes
mcauley
First Poster
Options
My uncles tv won't change sources and he is trying to play his ps5
0 Likes
OakUnicorn
First Poster
Options

I updated mine it worked check for update 

0 Likes