Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart TV suddenly cannot read HDD connected to router

(Topic created on: 22-10-2022 06:18 AM)
haven787
First Poster
Options

My current setup is my TV is connected to my router via LAN cable. The router has a USB port where I have my external hard disk drive connected. The TV can see the router/hdd without issues. I used to play videos from the hard disk to my TV for a few years already. Now suddenly, when I access the hard disk, it is showing "No Content Found." It doesn't even read the folders inside.

I tried to change the hard disk to a thumb drive, but still the same issue. My TV is 55NU8000 and the version is prior to the 1330 update, the issue was there. I tried to update now to the latest version 1330 thinking it might fix it, but still the same. 

Any ideas how to fix and as to what might be causing this? I didn't change anything with my setup or hard disk so I'm guessing it's the TV, maybe some update is causing the issue?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Aronovic
Pathfinder
Options
Maybe the drives is not being remounted. Have you tried using it with a laptop to verify it's not developed an improper shutdown.
0 Likes
haven787
First Poster
Options

I can access the drive just fine via wifi as a network drive so I don't think the drive is the issue. I also tried a thumb drive which was read just fine by my computer but in my Samsung TV, it is displaying the drive but no contents.

0 Likes
haven787
First Poster
Options

Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
Spk1
First Poster
Options

It's the up date sorry to say the manufacturers do it all of them so you have to go and buy if I can move these and pay for the same with Google they're just as bad there's not much you can do about it reset the whole TV back and just remember what you did to do it do a factory reset it work again good luck

0 Likes