Sxna15
Journeyman
Options
Have tried reset and different networks but it won't connect to any
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

HI @Sxna15  Firstly  check that you have the latest firmware on Samsung Support. You have not named the model but can find it here https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/ 

If not the issue  can you try a soft reset by holding the power button in for around 5 seconds or until the logo appears.   If no effect unplug the Tv  for a few minutes and rebooting router by unplugging from mains may have some effect.   You could also try other wifi channels on your router. Take it you mean you tried a Factory Reset ? Another idea is to change the DNS settings from Automatic to Manual and change it to    8.8.8.8  or  8.8.4.4   (the Google servers).  Go to  Network-Network Settings-DNS Settings.   There are also other alternatives such as Open DNS  .

Primary DNS server address: 208.67.222.222

Secondary DNS server address: 208.67.220.220  See more here: https://www.broadbandgenie.co.uk/broadband/help/best-free-public-DNS-server 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
make sure that 2.4 ghz WiFi is turned on your router and see if that works
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
What you could try is turn your phone into a hotspot and see if it connects, if it does then your router maybe the issue
0 Likes
GenOkowa
First Poster
Options

The last idea is also great. I thought my new tv was having problems, but it had none, as I could connect to my phone's hotspot. Then was it when I realized something was wrong with the router. I couldn't figure out what went wrong, as it connected significantly with other devices. Then I checked a few guides online, which helped me find an issue. There was some mess up with IP addresses that weren't compatible. That sometimes happens, especially to old routers and new TVs. You could also try it, and I hope it helps you. Please let us know when you've solved an issue and how.

0 Likes