Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart TV not connecting to internet

(Topic created on: 18-04-2017 10:01 AM)
cledgerwood
Student
Options

When I first set up my Smart TV it connected to wifi straight away. The next time I turned it on it still recognised the wifi but couldn't connect to internet. I tried it with a wired connection which worked first time but again, the next time I turned on the TV it can't connect to the internet. I am with BT using their Smarthub.  I've tried changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 but no change. Please help.

76 REPLIES 76
JamieStrange
Journeyman
Options
Hi it took me months of ringing and emailing and FINALLY they sent out a technician who replaced the entire motherboard as he said the WiFi chip is so small and it's a seperate component that runs off the main motherboard that they easily burn out and then stop working.

The WiFi worked perfect for 6 months and here we are again it still plays up but nothing compared to previously.

BUT the only real fix is to get the motherboard replaced unfortunately
Many227
Apprentice
Options

Hi Jamie, Thanks for your reply. In my case (I have a 2019 QN65Q7FNA with a "smart hub") it was the wired ethernet that failed, repeatedly losing the connection to the router and "going to sleep". The only way to "wake" it was a reset all the way back to initial setup which was a consumate PitA. My Wi-Fi always worked but the hardwire Ethernet port gives a superior and more reliable connection. Recently updates seem to have made both the TV and the APPs *much* more stable and reliable, The AT&T Now APP version 3.3.1 is now as rock solid as Netflix (which I hold up as the current gold standard) and the Samsung TV (now at T-KTM2AKUC-12706. BT-5) seems to have resolved the problem with the LAN port "going to sleep". Overall I am now satisfied, however for some reason (I think it is the HDMI standard) the TV does not support a fire stick that works fine on other Panasonic TVs. 

Bel7
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem

0 Likes
JunkProduct
First Poster
Options

I recently purchased tv and it is complete junk.  It has lost samsung network connectivity shortly after purchase. Today again I reset to factory defaults, ran software update, did virus check, tried various DNS settings, ran smart hub connection test (failed), reset smart hub (complete), again ran smart hub connection test (unable to complete), ran device manager, entered my login information several times, and tv still fails. I have wasted far too many hours with this faulty product. Samsung support is near useless. Samsung should pay us to use their junk. I've gone back to using my firestick (reliable & trustworthy)

0 Likes
RogerAussie
First Poster
Options

Samsung series 7 smart TV' s only can connect to 2.4 GHz WiFi . Apparently FAST data transmission up to 100 Gbps can be achieved by using tv ethernet cable connection and dual band modem This could be via a TP-Link dual band extender. Roger Australia 

0 Likes
kathmacc
First Poster
Options

l gave up on Samsung smart tv about 3 years ago. When the kids tvs stoped connecting  to internet  for no apparent reason -and Samsung suggested I needed new. TVs -I sw itched to LG -no problem with internet connection!

0 Likes
SteveF1
Apprentice
Options

Same here. To suggest you buy a new tv is a bit rich. Wouldn’t buy another Samsung tv or washing machine for that matter. Had loads of trouble with mine as did my mum. LG & Hotpoint now.

0 Likes