Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart TV not connecting to internet

(Topic created on: 18-04-2017 10:01 AM)
cledgerwood
Student
Options

When I first set up my Smart TV it connected to wifi straight away. The next time I turned it on it still recognised the wifi but couldn't connect to internet. I tried it with a wired connection which worked first time but again, the next time I turned on the TV it can't connect to the internet. I am with BT using their Smarthub.  I've tried changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 but no change. Please help.

76 REPLIES 76
TracyR
Options

Hey @cledgerwood,

What model TV do you have? 

Have you checked to ensure that your software is up to date? Settings/Menu > Support > Software Update.

:womanhappy:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

0 Likes
cledgerwood
Student
Options

It's a UE32K550AKXXU. When I did have a connection and checked for a software update and it said it was up to date.

0 Likes
Keith1
First Poster
Options
Samsung 50" model number UE50H6400
0 Likes
smitdk
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue the only thing that worked was a full reset, very frustrating now to set up all my apps/ prefs again!

0 Likes
MattBz
First Poster
Options

Hey all,

I have got something weird to add into mix. My tv was bought in Jan this year everthing fine. Then around June it stopped finding the wifi. Power off at the wall and you powered back up it would find it. Soft reset it would find it. Full reset it would find it. But always after 15 - 20 mins wifi would drop. Called Samsung and eventually called out an engineer whi ordered a network card, a main board! and the plastic back shells in case they broke. Still waiting for the call back on that one...

But in the meantime I have changed my broadband provider from BT to Sky and i thought "What the hell!" So i did a reset and changed the wifi. Not only did it work, but IT HAS STAYED CONNECTED!!! EH? Checked every day for over a week. No issues. And it says it's the same firmware. Any guesses coz I am confused.

John1664
First Poster
Options

Same problem for me Model UE65MU6470 - Works most mornings then losses internet connection although all other devices seem ok.  Software is stated as being up to date.  Have tried various DNS changes and turning off the TV at the power source as well.  Any ideas on how to take this one forward?

0 Likes
JEC
First Poster
Options

The option to update software is not available.  We are very frustrated with this TV!  We purchased it in December and it has been a challenge!

Beef-kurnham
Apprentice
Options

0 Likes
Beef-kurnham
Apprentice
Options
I have the same issues. So frustrating!
0 Likes