Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart TV Keeps Dropping Optical Soundbar Configuration

(Topic created on: 16-12-2020 02:13 PM)
nim6us
Apprentice
Options

As of a few days ago my TV started popping up with "Your device is now ready for use" in the middle of watching something. What apparently is happening is that the TV is forgetting the remote configuration for my soundbar. The soundbar continues to work and play the audio from the TV through the soundbar, however the TV switches from "Optical" to "TV Speaker" and when I press up/down on the TV remote volume buttons it adjusts the TV speaker volume not the soundbar.

More frustrating, when I go into settings and switch the sound from "TV Speaker" to "Optical" then when I press up/down on the TV remote volume buttons my soundbar doesn't respond. The only fix is to go into the "Source" settings > "Universal remote" and then "Add a new device". So it's like this setting keeps getting cleared or removed somehow. There is no pattern to when this happens, or a specific behavior that triggers it. We'll simply be in the middle of watching something and out of the blue the screen pops up with "Your device is ready to use". Which ironically is my cue that it's broken again. This happens several times a day.

I've tried unplugging and reseating all the cables, powering everything off and on, updating all available firmware. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

TV:  Samsung QE55Q85R

Soundbar: Samsung HW-H355

7 REPLIES 7
nim6us
Apprentice
Options

0 Likes
nim6us
Apprentice
Options

Well while this forum was a waste of time for support after roughly a week of dealing with this issue it seems to has resolved on it's own. The only thing I can point to is possibly a firmware upgrade. Either way, it's resolved now should anyone stumble across this post.

0 Likes
Seth86
First Poster
Options
I'm having the exact same problem worked fine for months then started dropping then reconnecting. Really frustrating. Doesn't seem to be fixing itself though
0 Likes
nim6us
Apprentice
Options

Sadly this forum is a wasteland of assistance so don't hold your breath on a reply.

The only good news I can offer is eventually this resolved itself. I don't know what ticked it over to finally make it stop but after months of dealing with it, I was genuinely shopping for a new TV, and then one day it just started working!

I know that's not much comfort, but I least wanted let you know how it ended up.

0 Likes
Seth86
First Poster
Options
Thanks for the response. It's so frustrating. It worked for almost a year. I could turn the volume up on the soundbar with the remote all good but then started to get a pop up in the screen saying searching for soundbar then shortly after saying no speaker detected and would change to TV speaker. I'd then have to reconnect it all on the smart remote settings for within the hour for it to all happen again. Don't know if maybe the opticle cable I'm using is maybe on its way out. Maybe there's some dust got into the port causing intermittent signal. I work with fibre optics and I know the tiniest bit of dirt and dust can cause issues so who knows. I'll try clean the cable and port and if it resolves the issue I'll let you know incase you come across it again. Thanks again for your response
0 Likes
DH OH
Student
Options

Seth86, any luck getting it to work?

0 Likes
Seth86
First Poster
Options
It started working for several months however I had to unplug everything as we had new windows fitted so unplugged everything. Since plugging it all back in. I'm having the same issue again. Remote keeps disconnecting itself. It's also now stopped controlling my firestick. Tv seems to think my fire stick is apple TV so it's not allowing it to connect and control my firestick. Sick of Samsung now. If its not my Samsung phone getting slower with updates forcing me to upgrade. It's my tv 🤦
0 Likes