Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart tv issues since power cut

(Topic created on: 22-02-2022 04:52 PM)
MrsLux
Student
Options

Hi all 

I could really do with some help please! Thanks to storm Franklin we had a power cut. Since then I've not been able to access the catch up channels (iplayer, itv hub etc) which l could before. I can watch Netflix and prime.

It seems to be connected to the Internet but I'm at a loss as to what to do to fix it. I've turned it off and on again but to no joy.

I can't find the product details because it's attached to the wall, any help would be very much appreciated. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@MrsLux: If you head to Settings > Support > About This TV, then you can find the model number of the TV there. What happens when you attempt to access the catch up channels? Do you get any error messages? Have you tried accessing iplayer, itv hub etc on a different device, just in case the issue lies with their service, rather than the TV itself? As a basic troubleshooting step, try unplugging your router at the wall for around 30 seconds, then plug it back in and allow time for the reset process to complete. Once your Wi-Fi connection returns, check the apps again to see if the issue has resolved itself. 

If the problem persists, please confirm your model number via the steps above, and I will look at some further troubleshooting steps for you. 

MrsLux
Student
Options

Thank you AndrewL, unplugging the router sorted it. Who knew doing something do simple would fix it. Thank you again 😁

AndrewL
Options

@MrsLux: Glad I could help. It's amazing how effective switching things off and on again can be :smiling-face: 

0 Likes