Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart TV forgets wifi password

(Topic created on: 23-05-2017 07:08 AM)
Digbel
Apprentice
Options

My Smart TV (UE22ES5410W) asks for my wifi password every time I switch it on and try using the Smart Hub. I have successfully connected it to different routers (supplied by Sky and Plusnet) and a TP-Link booster, but the problem occurs with each of them. It is as if every time the tv is switched off it forgets the wifi password.

I have already tried resetting the TV and the firmware is the latest (T-MST10PDEUC-2007.0).

14 REPLIES 14
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Hey @Digbel,

Are you switching the TV off at the wall, or placing it into Standby Mode? 

0 Likes
Digbel
Apprentice
Options

No, not off at the wall.

I switch it off using the remote, 'standby'.

0 Likes
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

That does seem a little odd! When did you buy the TV? Has it suddenly stopped remembering the password, or has this never worked?

What steps did you take to reset the TV?

0 Likes
Digbel
Apprentice
Options

I purchased the TV new in September 2012.

It has never remembered the password right from the start, but in the previously it wasn't a problem as I only occasionally used Smart Hub. I did google the problem a couple of years ago and there seemed a compatibility issue with a type of router that caused a similar problem. However now I'm starting to watch Amazon Prime Video more often so it's starting to cause me grief. I had hoped when I changed my router recently that this might cure it (it didn't). I also tried a TP-link booster, but this also hasnt solved the problem.

To reset the TV I went used the Remote Menu (but can't remember were exactly). Once completed I had to reset all the tv channels and the apps in Smart hub (and obviously the network connection, which I have to do anyway each time I switch it on).

0 Likes
JimmyC
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem here on similar vintage set.

every time the tv is put in standby it forgets the wifi password.

Surely there is a solution as it seems to be happening after sw updates.

I was using the tv to show parents how good spart tvs are and so they could watch some online content so they might upgrade. So far they are far from impressed with the Samsung TV having ti set up the wifi pass every time they turn it on. 

0 Likes
RichardvanRijn
First Poster
Options

Any solution for this problem. I just bought a samsung ue49mu9000 with the same problem.

0 Likes
RichardvanRijn
First Poster
Options
Any solution for this problem. I just bought a samsung ue49mu9000 with the same problem.
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@RichardvanRijn wrote:

I have found if you buy a new telly it should work as advertised. If not it is faulty and send it back. Don't except excuses, you pay a lot of money and it is not unreasonable to expect it to work as advertised. Reject it as faulty and get a replacement and if everyone did that then manufacturers may introduce products that work. Again if it does odd things or does not open certain things the picture is not good when you receive your telly it is almost certainly a fault and replace the tv at the retailers cost. 

Paul

0 Likes
metmusic
First Poster
Options

Does anyone fixed it? I'm facing same issue with UE46ES6800S

0 Likes