Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart TV fast forward by itself

(Topic created on: 01-04-2023 10:14 PM)
Missweaver13
First Poster
Options

Whenever I’m watching a video on demand on either Netflix, or YouTube, or my TV provider streaming service, the Samsung smart tv fast forwards by myself without me touching any remote. Sometimes on YouTube it will skip to the next video all together.

I have tried resetting everything and doing manual restarts and nothing seems to be working. I have used the Samsung SmartThings app as a remote on my phone so I know it’s not the physical remotes either.

Someone please help me! There doesn’t seem to be a fix online right now

4 REPLIES 4
Kelsouthend
First Poster
Options

Hi,  did you manage to fix this error as my tv has started doing the same.  Thanks 

SyrinxSumsang
First Poster
Options

This began happening to me this week.  Randomly fast forwarding through videos on several different apps.  Max, YouTube, Nebula, any streaming service.  I have no idea what's going on.  Thought maybe the remote was malfunctioning, so I changed the batteries, but it still happens.

0 Likes
Savage Fergalicious
First Poster
Options

This started happening to me earlier this week! Take out the batteries for your remote and hold the power button for eight seconds. Put the batteries back in and your remote should be reset. I’m not sure if this is a long-term solution yet but it definitely helps.

0 Likes
johnjacob4823
First Poster
Options

My TV also fast forwards on its own. 

I see no solution here

is there any samsung help???

0 Likes