Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart TV dropping Wifi

(Topic created on: 16-12-2021 07:35 PM)
PhilQuins
First Poster
Options

I see a few other people have issues with WiFi  - I have a 58” RU7100 smart tv.  The wifi connectivity is just atrocious.  It works for a day or two.  Then randomly it has “no access”. Try to reconnect and says it connects to the router, but not the internet.  Try lots of turning it on and off and retrying to login.  It says it is connected - start any streaming service - iPlayer/Netflix/All4 etc and they freeze immediately and I go back to the menu and the Network says No Access.  Then it connects again randomly - so I try iPlayer again - nothing doing.  Ive checked for updates, reinstalled apps everything - I’ve done Speedtest (45Mbs) got a new router/BT Hub etc.  It’s just infuriating as I could handle it if it was never working and try something like extending the wifi or something - it’s just that it happened every other day for no reason  It’s been going on for about 12 months now and I am close to launching the remote at the flipping thing.  I’ve seen on YouTube that a guy changed his Wifi card inside the TV - but that seems quite extreme. 

I don’t want an Ethernet cable to it.  There is no room for power link plugs behind.  I just want the TV to work as it’s supposed to.  

Any help much appreciated.  

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Try Below

perform a network refresh on your Samsung Smart TV
Grab your remote & press the Home button to get to Settings.

Navigate the menu to go to Settings > General > Network.
Hover over the option to Reset Network and select YES.

Restart your TV

This page maybe helpful also

How to troubleshoot internet connectivity for Samsung TV

https://www.samsung.com/in/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-troubleshoot-internet-connectivity-for-sams...
0 Likes
PhilQuins
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the suggestion Steve - yup, I did that as well.  I’ve unplugged Firestick and Chrome cast as well as they were showing as networks.   All my other devices are working fine.  It is just this TV. 

What’s annoying is I will come down tomorrow and it will work fine straight away.  

0 Likes