Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Smart TV continually restarting

(Topic created on: 13-04-2017 10:25 AM)
Jimm
Journeyman
Options

Hopefully someone can help/advise on the problem I've got with my Smart TV (UE40D5520RKXXU).

A few days ago the remote was used to power the TV up but it wouldn't get passed the start-up screen switching itself off then trying to restart reaching the same point and shutting down and restarting again, this just goes on and on.

Now the power is switched off as it won't start but when the power is switched on it automatically tries to start but fails every time as above.

The TV is about 6 years old, in perfect condition, I'd like to keep it but only if it's going to cost a reasonable amount to sort out.

Last year this same thing happend and I opened the back up to have a look around to see if anything obvious was wrong and with a many power on/offs it started up, much to my surprise, so the back was re-attached and we had been using it without any problems for the last 8 months.

Could the problem be in the software or is it a power supply problem? Hopefully someone can come up with a suggestion or two.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Go to solution
93 REPLIES 93
Sanjay2
First Poster
Options
Hi,

I am currently having the same issue with my TV that is out of warranty- Boot looping like there's no tomorrow. Samsung don't seem to understand that this is an underlying fault with D series in particular and they are not taking ownership to fix the TV. They have advised its a chargeable repair and contact the local service engineer. The part alone cost £130 from Samsung, which is a new main board. Then a labor cost on top of this, so in essence the TV is redundant or economical to repair as the cost of repair is more than, what the TV is worth.

Samsung need to take responsibility for there poorly manufactured TV's in particular the D series, if they don't fix my TV that will be the the last Samsung product I will purchase. LG from now on all the way.
Enoch
First Poster
Options

My TV is also stuck in a boot look. It started when it was around a year old and has been sat in a cupboard ever since. I've been reading around on the internet and it seems thousands of other people have been experiancing the same issue. Why have Samsung not issued a recall for this? It is clearly a design fault.

itai
Student
Options

please, all join to the Telegram Group for this Fault TV BootLoop:

joinchat/L3k11xYt9nnSoU5tSP_jeQ

0 Likes
Brett83
Student
Options

Problem solved.

Sold TV as is to a kid who wanted it for gaming only.

Went out Black Friday, bought LG ThinQ 65"

Sold 3 other buyers at local Best Buy on warranty extension as they were buying the Black Friday Samsung tvs! 

TV-AV
First Poster
Options

I've had this problem on my 32D model Samsung TV for the last month. To summarise, the solutions from this post seem to be one/any/all of:

- disconnect all devices before starting up

- open up the back and blow away all the dust

- replace a PCB

I did ring Samsung support who took all my details then left me on hold. The 'D' in the model number refers to the year of manufacture (2011 in this case), so well out of warranty. The maddening thing is that by trying various menu options at top speed (I only get about 10 seconds to choose an option) I did get it to stay on once!  Of course I don't remember what I did (!) though it did display a stored photo image for more than 10 seconds when it started working (anyone know where that option is?). Anyway I thought it was resolved and turned it off and back on. No joy since.

0 Likes
brungio
Apprentice
Options

the posted solution is not a solution

brungio
Apprentice
Options

which part of compressed air is inflammable?

AntS
Options

@brungio wrote:

which part of compressed air is inflammable?

The procedure involved the use of lighter fluid.

brungio
Apprentice
Options

hehehe that does explain the censorship! Not a great idea to use lighter fluid on electrical components 😉

Hiker
First Poster
Options

I just spent too many hours trying to figure this out.  Like others, a perpetual/repeated reboot, though with the TV constantly telling me it was trying to do a software update in the short time it was on.  The software update would stop, and it would reboot.  Over and over.  

Tried something that worked in 2018, as suggested by Samsung chat rep, which was:

1.  Disconnect the One Connect box from the TV

2.  Turn the TV on.  It no longer tried to update the software and did not reboot.

3.  Perform a factory reset.

4.  Reconnect the One Connect box. 

The above worked in 2018, but not this time.  Went on to Samsung chat (now in 2020), and they could not help me.  They insisted that I needed to buy a new One Connect box, as that must be the issue, as the TV only does this crazy rebooting and trying to do the software update when the One Connect box is connected.  I objected, asking isn't the One Connect box a glorified wire connector?  I.E. no moving parts or circuitry to wear out or get faulty?  Samsung rep kept insisting it had to be the One Connect box itself, and I had to buy a new one.  Made no sense to me. 

So I read the posts here about maybe it's dust, so I looked at the back of the TV to see how complicated it would be to remove the back and clean it out.  Took hold of the One Connect cable on the back and removed it.  Geez, that came off easy!  Wonder why?  Stuck it back in and took it off several times to "clean" the connections.  Turned the TV back on.  No rebooting anymore, no attempts to update the software.  TV works fine again.  Was the cable loose?  Was the end corroded/dirty?  I don't know...

So please learn from my stumbling stupidity.  Is that a good alliteration?