Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Smart TV captions are stuck on the screen

(Topic created on: 04-07-2020 03:04 AM)
Rich-n-Lin
Student
Options

I have tried to get the two lines of frozen closed captions that are old ones off the TV screen.  I’ve unplugged the TV and disconnected everything in the back and it’s still there. First it was one line and a week later a second line. I’ve turn off the closed captions but both lines are still there.  Anyone have any ideas what to do?

30 REPLIES 30
QuinOfTheWoods
First Poster
Options
#1 worked for me, thanks a bunch!
0 Likes
JBRuss
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem from time to time. The first time I had to contact Samsung support for a fix. This works every time (knock on wood) on my UN55MU8000FXZA.

Using the remote, press and HOLD the O/I power button. The power on the tv will go off and back on while holding the O/I button. The screen will momentarily display "Samsung Smart TV." The captions should now be off.

sam126
First Poster
Options

Awesome lubeatco

0 Likes
ApatheticJane
First Poster
Options

@Lubeatco, method #2 worked for me. Thank you!!!

0 Likes
Craigger
First Poster
Options

Thank you!  I tried the other suggestions many times and none of them worked. But I tried your suggestion and it worked on the first try. 

0 Likes
Flyingcactus
First Poster
Options

Thank you. Was driving my husband nuts while watching football!

0 Likes
Htlk2022
First Poster
Options

I tried all of this and still can’t get rid of closed captioning 

0 Likes
Htlk2022
First Poster
Options

didn’t work for me

0 Likes
Tj14
First Poster
Options

I did nott have frozen lines. Mine was just stuck on. Closed cc on tv...still on. It was the charter remote...finally after button pushing got it to turn off!!!ugh

Believe it was the A button...

So relieved!!!

0 Likes
Bamboochik
First Poster
Options

Neither one worked for me.😞

0 Likes