Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart TV Can't find Netflix on smart hub weird issue

(Topic created on: 16-01-2023 04:05 PM)
droogwater
Explorer
Options

Hi there, 

I bought a 2nd hand hospitality smart TV however I can't instal Netflix in the smart hub also there's no search bar or option to look for apps. I really don't understand why i only can instal around 10 apps that are shown there devided over the 3 categories that are shown. it's really a mistery and on the Dutch Samsung site I didn't get any answers. In the installation setup or wizard Netflix is obviously shown on the top left side next to YouTube but once setup smart hub only limited apps can be installed and no search option. Extremely frustrating. First I didn't even know how to get into this TV settings but I found it by pressing mute+1+1+9+OK.

I've been goolgeing and researching for about a week now and it's frustrating because I wanted to instal way more apps besides Netflix and it should be possible. 

Model no is HG24EE690AB 

Below are photos shown. Thanks in advance if anyone can help me out! 

20230115_140205.jpg

20230115_132406.jpg

20230115_132418.jpg

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Svein1967
Pioneer
Options

It's a hospitality tv, that's probably why. 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @droogwater  A few enquiries have come up about these sets in the Uk community previously. Hospitality TV's are more  designed for hotel industry and so may be the case that Apps more limited and Hotel's direct revenue  services may at at times be more of a priority , however changing market with customers increasingly subscribed to On Demand services.  Are you on the stand alone setting?  When in the Menu you could try Tv Reset and set it up for Digital tv.  

Some information here https://droidrant.com/what-is-the-difference-between-a-hospitality-tv-and-a-normal-tv/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
droogwater
Explorer
Options

Hi James, 

This doesn't work unfortunately. It's just do weird that I can instal limited apps on the smart hub and not the apps I actually want. I'm going to get rid of this TV and check for another one.

Thanks anyway!