Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart TV - Ads on the Menu Bar

(Topic created on: 20-02-2019 11:45 PM)
MrShak1982
Pioneer
Options

Surely there must be a way to disable this? If I'd known I'd be getting this I'd have brought a different brand. It's annoying me to the point where I'm serious considering getting rid. Sounds dramatic but it feels invasive. 

226 REPLIES 226
Ec6
First Poster
Options

This is BS I will return my TV and get another manufacturer. I am paying for product where Samsung can pipe in advertising into my home. Wtf

MrShak1982
Pioneer
Options

If you've still got the opportunity to return it, do it!!!

Bradgb
First Poster
Options

Does anyone actually have a solution to this? There's no point to this forum if all 30 odd responses are to comlain they have the same issue. 

For the record, I have the same issue too and have only started to see it recently 

0 Likes
MrShak1982
Pioneer
Options

If you read the 30 or so messages you'd know that it's actually hard coded into the TV and there isn't a fix for this. 

0 Likes
Ewchris
Apprentice
Options

Solution is to stop buying samsung

MHatter
First Poster
Options

Go to Settings / Support / Terms & Policy / Interest-Based Advertisements Service Privacy Notice. Uncheck the checkbox for 'Enable to make the content and advertising on Smart TV more interactive.'

Worked for me.

Ewchris
Apprentice
Options
Yeah everyone has done that. They will return.
RSebire
Pioneer
Options

I got rid of the TV Plus intergration and the adverts by going into the service menu.

You have to use the remote control to enter a sequence before turning on your tv, and it will load into the service menu.

Go through the servce menu and disable the TV Plus intergration and then disable the adverts.

Hey presto all gone.

Samsung models all have different sequences to enter the service menu, and Samsung forums have told me off for sharing how to do it before so I will leave it to you to google it for your specific model.

Dont fidlle about with the service menu too much.

I was going to make my own firmware for these TV's but again I got told off for even suggesting it.

Have fun, and google service menu Samsung "insert model number here"

Kind regards

Rene_Visser
First Poster
Options

There is a way:

Go go settings....support.....terms & policy....internet based advertisment....and disable thuis.... Then choose close........ Solved!!!

0 Likes
Ewchris
Apprentice
Options
This does not work. This removes you from the targeted ads program from Samsung, but you will still see untargeted ads.