Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart TV - Ads on the Menu Bar

(Topic created on: 17-06-2020 03:08 PM)
MrShak1982
Pioneer
Options

Surely there must be a way to disable this? If I'd known I'd be getting this I'd have brought a different brand. It's annoying me to the point where I'm serious considering getting rid. Sounds dramatic but it feels invasive. 

226 REPLIES 226
Jhustle
First Poster
Options

Will opendns work in Canada?

0 Likes
DaveC1
Student
Options

Yup- that worked for me. Thanks

Chris166
Explorer
Options

Ok blocking:

ads.samsungads.com

samunsgads.com

with URL blocking (parental control) works fine. There will be no more ads.

@Anonymous User really? I would even pay to remove such ads. I already paid CHF 2989.- for the TV. So, how much you want to remove that *****? CHF 50.-? But, it really is no way to treat your consumer.

Chris166
Explorer
Options
**** stands for sh*it, why? I would like to describe accordingly....
johnny_r3d
Student
Options

Add another on the list, me. Ads in Menu bar for 58Q60T tv !!! 

I should have learned my lesson with samsung note 9 and the wonderful piece of work called Bixby difficult to disable.

I will do my best not to buy a Samsung product ever again, and neither should you.

Manuf1
Student
Options

My cousin is finishing his house. I am the one to help him with all appliances.

So: tv, soundbar, wasger, fridge, microwave.... anything but samsung.this will be what i recommend.

Not that it is a bad brand... I have Ac, washer, phone etc from them. But from the moment I bought a tv with ads...that was my last samsung product.

johnny_r3d
Student
Options

Same here; not bad products, and I had a habbit of buying mostly Samsung unfortunately. Several phones accross the years, tablets for me and my family, TVs (previous one was still a samsung; was planning to buy one for my Pa as well), etc

But when someone puts ads in a 1000 euros TV... that's too much.

denisehilton
First Poster
Options

You can actually disable those ads using your Home Internet router. The procedure involves blocking some Samsung ad URLs in your Router's content filter.

For this to work, you will need to access your router's configuration, login with the admin user and block the ad URLs in the Web / content filter. You can find the detailed procedure HERE.

0 Likes
Diptera
First Poster
Options

Agreed.  Will not be purchasing another Samsung product.  Disgusted that they feel they have the right to push advertisements onto a product that I paid for.

Alex239
Student
Options

I found the solution - return your samsung tv. What a horrible design. Never again never forget!!