Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart TV - Ads on the Menu Bar

(Topic created on: 30-04-2020 03:47 PM)
MrShak1982
Pioneer
Options

Surely there must be a way to disable this? If I'd known I'd be getting this I'd have brought a different brand. It's annoying me to the point where I'm serious considering getting rid. Sounds dramatic but it feels invasive. 

226 REPLIES 226
Tabb
First Poster
Options
This is a violation of our privacy, I will be watching every firmware to see if Samsung try and break our TV for blocking their invasive adverts.
DaveC1
Student
Options

Thank you so much for this. What was the option name for Ads? I didn't see an obvious one in the support menu.

thank you again

0 Likes
Philip8
Journeyman
Options

I got ridge of tHem by blocking a few domains. Samsungads.com for example. Use opendns.com or similar..

0 Likes
Jhustle
First Poster
Options

@Philip8 can you please include the actual steps involved in the process you are referring to? Thanks!

0 Likes
Philip8
Journeyman
Options

Next time you are in an electronics store pretend to be interested in the most expensive Samsung tv and ask about add and see what they say.  Would be interested to if the lie in the store.

Philip8
Journeyman
Options
Yep yo-yo can see other posts
0 Likes
Philip8
Journeyman
Options

Type see other posts. there are a few domains you need to block (not all)

0 Likes
Philip8
Journeyman
Options
See the other replies. Just need to block the domains use opendns.com if you need to
0 Likes
Jhustle
First Poster
Options

I have tried blocking samsungads.com by logging into my internet provider account online but it didn't work. I have called the store where I bought the TV - they said only they have no control over it.

0 Likes
Philip8
Journeyman
Options
I disabled this but it did not remove the ads.
0 Likes