Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart TV - Ads on the Menu Bar

(Topic created on: 29-03-2020 04:41 PM)
MrShak1982
Pioneer
Options

Surely there must be a way to disable this? If I'd known I'd be getting this I'd have brought a different brand. It's annoying me to the point where I'm serious considering getting rid. Sounds dramatic but it feels invasive. 

226 REPLIES 226
iluvmye250
Apprentice
Options

I think you left out a  "t"   at the end of this....     lcprd2.samsungcloudsolution.ne

There are a lot of other samsung URL's   ,  it's hard to keep up by manually updating your router.

The pi-hole is community based and self updates, and it will be network wide when installed on your home or business network.     I did a query on my pi-hole and here are all the samsung ad URL's it is blocking,  

ads.samsungads.com
lcprd1.samsungcloudsolution.net
lcprd2.samsungcloudsolution.net
samsung3.solution.weborama.fr
ehg-samsungusa.hitbox.com
apu.samsungelectronics.com
bpu.samsungelectronics.com
cpu.samsungelectronics.com
dpu.samsungelectronics.com
kpu.samsungelectronics.com
samsungacr.com
samsungads.com
upu.samsungelectronics.com
xpu.samsungelectronics.com
ypu.samsungelectronics.com
zpu.samsungelectronics.com
a460.cell.phone.ringtone.samsung.sms13.de
freesamsung.club
www.freesamsung.club
insights.samsung.com
nmetrics.samsung.com
log-config.samsungacr.com
log-ingestion.samsungacr.com
log-ingestion-eu.samsungacr.com
s3-config.samsungacr.com
ad.samsungadhub.com
config.samsungads.com
events.samsungads.com
Match found in https://mirror1.malwaredomains.com/files/justdomains:
redeautorizadasamsung.com.br
Match found in https://hosts-file.net/ad_servers.txt:
ehg-samsungusa.hitbox.com

HJD1
Pioneer
Options

Thank you for pointing it out!

I did just copy and paste it and that was the address I entered in my router. So others will also have been entering this incomplete address.

I'd assumed the .ne was something to do with a Netherlands address. Never thought of .net!  LOL.

It certainly looks like Samsung love their enforced advertising so perhaps I will look into the pi-hole.

Tonight, I found iPlayer, Netflix, Prime Video and Rakuten apps all lost connection to the internet. When I checked the network settings on the TV there was no internet connection in spite of all my other devices being connected to the internet, the router was working as normal and the connection to the TV was a wired one.

Almost as if Samsung had disabled the internet port access as a punishment for blocking their ads! Or the tv has a way of disabling internet access if the adverts can't get through.

One thing is certain, this will cost Samsung more in future sales than they'd ever have made from those unwanted ads!

iluvmye250
Apprentice
Options

See if you can ping the TV IP  from a device on your network.   Helps if you do DHCP reservation or static IP for the TV so you can keep an eye on it.

BTW, I'm not buying samsung phone,  appliances,  etc after this.   

danjay
First Poster
Options

Same here this is my first and ONLY Qled from Samsung just because of the advertisments. To many other comperable tv's out there that you dont have to put up with this *****.

Jase1
First Poster
Options

I am an Australian resident suffering the same problem. I have an ad showing in my Samsung Q7 menu and I hate it. Has anyone found a solution for this?

> I contacted Samsung, and they directed me to visit this site:
https://account.samsung.com/

Click on my profile,

Find Preferences, and change this setting "Get news and special offers from Samsung" to "OFF"

russh
Apprentice
Options

Good to see my solution is woking for some of you.  I have had no ads for months (yes, the last domain should end in .net).

You're welcome :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

HJD1
Pioneer
Options

I  don't have the same 'my profile' option for my Samsung account.

I have to read the terms and conditions FULLY (who the heck does that?) to find

'ADVERTISEMENTS | We provide most features of our Services for free. To keep these features free, we may show you ads or promotions provided by us or third parties while you use our Services.'

The choice here in the UK ends up as either accept Samsung's adverts or delete your account!

'If you do not wish to continue using the services, please delete account from Samsung services by using the link below.

Delete account'

So basically when you buy a Samsung TV it comes with strings attached if you want to use all the 'free' features and channels. This would be fair enough if Samsung told people before they buy instead of sneaking their ad driven extra services in to the purchase price.

The more I find out about Samsung the less I like them! Absolute beaky snastards.

Jhustle
First Poster
Options

Do you know what the secret code is for a mu8000 65"? Been searching for a while without any luck. These ads are bullsh!t

thanks

0 Likes
Melsquatch
First Poster
Options

The parental control via my router works !! Thank you to the person who posted it .

For people who missed it, you can block these ads via your router by logging in to the admin, and enabling parental control, and finding your tv on the list of connected devices, and putting parental control on it and type in the url 

samsungads.com

And apply. It worked like a charm. You can't remove it from the tv but you can cut it off via the router. 

Chris166
Explorer
Options

that really is insane!!!!!! It should not be allowed, never again a Samsung TV!