Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Smart Remote voice recognition not working

(Topic created on: 21-07-2021 03:18 PM)
BigDaddyCharles
First Poster
Options
TV

Hi there!  The voice part of the smart remote stopped working all of a sudden (about 5 fmdays ago). I have tried every suggested ‘fix’ and it still says “You can use voice recognition after setting up a network connection. Would you like to connect to a network now?”. My connection is absolutely sound. Is there anything else I can do (apart from the power of prayer? And tbh that would be a bit frivolous!). I know it’s a 1st world problem... Best, BDC

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
cyncerelyurz
Apprentice
Options
TV

I was able to fix the problem by going into the universal remote settings and re-adding the connected devices by selecting add new device. Let me know if it works for you. 

0 Likes
Cdnviking
Student
Options
TV

I'm not sure what you mean. Reconnect what? Do you mean reconnect smart remote as a new device instead of pairing? 

0 Likes
cyncerelyurz
Apprentice
Options
TV

My remote controls two devices my cable box and sound bar. I went into the universal remote setttings Universal remote settingsUniversal remote settings

then I selected add new device to re-add my cable box and soundbar that were already connected.

Add new deviceAdd new device

This fixed the problem. 

0 Likes
JennW
First Poster
Options
TV

After trying every 'fix' I could find since getting our new Samsung smart TV a week ago, I finally took out the batteries (that came with the remote) & replaced them with new ones & voice control (Bixby) now FINALLY works!!! May not work for everyone but it worked for us :smiling-face:

Phyllis89
First Poster
Options
TV

We tried all the fixes we could find, what eventually worked for us was to not only turn the TV off, but unplug for a minute. When we switched back on, works fine again. yyyaaaaayyyy

Purplefoot123
First Poster
Options
TV

Thanks for your tip; your unpairing / re-pairing the remote fixed my problem of my TV not hearing my commands.

0 Likes