Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Remote voice recognition not working

(Topic created on: 13-06-2020 10:04 AM)
BigDaddyCharles
First Poster
Options

Hi there!  The voice part of the smart remote stopped working all of a sudden (about 5 fmdays ago). I have tried every suggested ‘fix’ and it still says “You can use voice recognition after setting up a network connection. Would you like to connect to a network now?”. My connection is absolutely sound. Is there anything else I can do (apart from the power of prayer? And tbh that would be a bit frivolous!). I know it’s a 1st world problem... Best, BDC

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23
cyncerelyurz
Apprentice
Options

I was able to fix the problem by going into the universal remote settings and re-adding the connected devices by selecting add new device. Let me know if it works for you. 

0 Likes
Cdnviking
Student
Options

I'm not sure what you mean. Reconnect what? Do you mean reconnect smart remote as a new device instead of pairing? 

0 Likes
cyncerelyurz
Apprentice
Options

My remote controls two devices my cable box and sound bar. I went into the universal remote setttings Universal remote settingsUniversal remote settings

then I selected add new device to re-add my cable box and soundbar that were already connected.

Add new deviceAdd new device

This fixed the problem. 

0 Likes
JennW
First Poster
Options

After trying every 'fix' I could find since getting our new Samsung smart TV a week ago, I finally took out the batteries (that came with the remote) & replaced them with new ones & voice control (Bixby) now FINALLY works!!! May not work for everyone but it worked for us :smiling-face:

Phyllis89
First Poster
Options

We tried all the fixes we could find, what eventually worked for us was to not only turn the TV off, but unplug for a minute. When we switched back on, works fine again. yyyaaaaayyyy

Purplefoot123
First Poster
Options

Thanks for your tip; your unpairing / re-pairing the remote fixed my problem of my TV not hearing my commands.

0 Likes
Kingmobi
First Poster
Options

I solved mine by repairing the remote. Hold the back button and play button simultaneously. It will repair and everything will work. 

marinesoup
First Poster
Options

This process worked for me. You need to wait for the remote to pair to the TV on its own. This takes a few minutes. After that the voice recognition worked again but didn’t work with my TV cable box. I had to go into settings on my TV and redo setup which is found under General - start setup. Follow directions on the screen. 
works like a charm again. Weird that it lost voice recognition in the first place.

Thanks for the help

0 Likes
Members_DlpH8NR
First Poster
Options

Thanks for this! Worked like a charm and has become my go to (seeing as the assistant seems to stop working every now and again for some reason).

0 Likes
Badai
First Poster
Options

Wow you're a life saver ty. I've been up all night trying to figure out why the voice recognition wasn't working at all, and not only that, I also had the problem where whenever it would tell me to type the 4 digit pin the numbers just wouldn't show up on the screen no matter what, but thanks to what you said, hold the back button and play button simultaneously, now everything works 100%   I thought I was gonna have to go return the TV tomorrow, but thank goodness that fixed everything.

0 Likes