Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart remote voice control not working

(Topic created on: 20-01-2018 09:22 PM)
Gav
Apprentice
Options

Hi, 

my universal remote "rmcspk1ap1" has recently stopped working in the voice control.

no matter what you command it instantly comes up with "I did not recognise what you said".

everything else with the remote works fine, I have replaced the batteries etc but still no luck 

any help appreciated 

thanks 

116 REPLIES 116
Beckid
First Poster
Options

I also have this problem with it saying too many tasks? Help? 

Elsey
First Poster
Options

The cause is down to network. The remote requires for the tv to be connected to the net. Also Samsung's server does also effect the connection between remote voice control. I sometimes ended up resetting the tv and going through a new setup which it worked for me. 

0 Likes
SmartRemote
Student
Options

I had the same problem. SW updates are current. If Samsung has chosen to supply a “Smart” remote with very limited user interaction then the primary interface with users (voice commands) should work or at least a common fix should be easy to find.   Judging by the hundreds of post of people having this issue and Samsung’s lack of communicating a fix ... well isn’t very smart. I have been a loyal Samsung TV customer for the past 15 years and my past three tv purchases.  I have consciously chosen Samsung over other brands but this experience has left me very disappointed, 

SmartRemote
Student
Options
I agree - very disappointed in the remote but more importantly Samsung lack of documentation for users to fix the issue.
Television1
First Poster
Options

We're having the same problem with our 1 month old Samsung curved tv/remote. I'm really regretting this purchase. I can still return it but I do like the rest of the tv. Can someone at Samsung PLEASE help? I've seen NO solutions in any of these threads

Dwayne
First Poster
Options

Yeah I just got my Samsung 4K Ultra HD Smart TV with the Smart Remote that has voice control just last year before Christmas 

Voice control was working fine until it stopped working when I was using it for YouTube 

I changed my batteries and it doesn't seem to work still 

Everything is still working as I can still use it for controlling 

But it doesn't respond to my commands 

Chez1
First Poster
Options

I also have this problem, voice control worked fine for about 2 weeks after buying the tv, now just doesn’t work for any command! Any help would be much ch appreciated. Thanks 

MaxiTaxi
First Poster
Options

The voice control on my remote on my 3 month old TV has stopped working too. I have done full factory resets and re pairing the control - even borrowed my neighbours rempote - all to no avail.

Seems like I won't be buying any more samsung products

0 Likes
dmmclaughlin
Student
Options

I have the exact same uissue as described by Rich.  What is the fix?

0 Likes
dmmclaughlin
Student
Options

Well, when you find the problem, send the answer to me too because I have the same problem.  It seems as if the mic no longer works.  The TV responds to pressing the mic button, but it doesn't seem to hear me.  Brand new TV - worked great for a week.

0 Likes