Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart remote voice control not working

(Topic created on: 14-12-2017 03:37 AM)
Tobsta574
First Poster
Options

Uhd55 tv, voice command when pressed says, we're having trouble connecting, make sure your online or try later. 

Firmware up to date 

signed in to samsung and internet connection fine. ???

0 Likes
92 REPLIES 92
Edysor2045
First Poster
Options

Work for me now . It s a samsung bug i think

0 Likes
DWC
First Poster
Options

I have a new Samsung Quantum Dot TV (55").  Voice recognition was spotty for several days. Sometimes it worked great, other times I got the "Hmm.. I'm having trouble connecting.." messsage.  I tried 1) pairing the remote, 2) Internal Internet diagnostics in settings which said everything was fine 3) resetting 4) unplugging/waiting/replugging etc. I called Samsung support three times but nothing they said really worked. One technician said there's nothing they can do because it's "a known problem with the firmware". She said they hope for an update but can't say when.

Very frustrated. 

Then I noticed something.

it was working consistently. The problem hasn't recurred since. 

Was this a temporary problem with the server?

Was it that last attempt to pair the remote?

Was this a temporary glitch that fixed itself?

No idea. Works great now.

0 Likes
DWC
First Poster
Options

I have a new Samsung Quantum Dot TV (55").  Voice recognition was s

@tv52615 wrote:

My voice command feature has not been working all day. It keeps saying " hmm, we are having trouble connecting. Check your connection or try again later." The text of my command doesnt even show up. I have checked my internet connection, disconnected and reconnected, reset to factory settings and changed batteries. Still no luck. 

Any suggestions? It a bit frustrating. 

potty for several days. Sometimes it worked great, other times I got the "Hmm.. I'm having trouble connecting.." messsage. 

There was no other indication of a connectivity problem. All apps worked fine.

I tried 1) pairing the remote, 2) Internal Internet diagnostics in settings which said everything was fine 3) resetting 4) unplugging/waiting/replugging etc. I called Samsung support three times but nothing they said really worked. One technician said there's nothing they can do because it's "a known problem with the firmware". She said they hope for an update but can't say when.

Very frustrated. 

Then I noticed that voice commands were working consistently - the problem hasn't recurred since. 

Was this a temporary problem with the server?

Was it that last attempt to pair the remote?

Was this a temporary glitch that fixed itself?

No idea. Works great now.

0 Likes
Kiwi01
First Poster
Options

Ok I fixed it! My cable box was not connected either. I simply went onto my home button pressed on the up arrow on the cable tv connections to enable universal remote mode. (Input options, cable tv, reset connections or universal remote mode) Now voice works across everything 😁

0 Likes
Rcgus
Apprentice
Options

Same thing *****.  It worked fine for about a week then stopped as described in many posts.  Sounds silly but if this isnt resolved its getting shipped back to Amazon.  The VR is what makes the remote functional and convenient since it lacks all the traditional buttons.  Annoying

0 Likes
bb1210
First Poster
Options

My voice control on my remote says check internet and try again later. Internet connection is fine, any suggestions?

0 Likes
bb1210
First Poster
Options

Voice control not working with remote, any suggestions? Remote paired, Internet connected, Update complete.

0 Likes
AnnMcCannon
Apprentice
Options

Thanks but that didn’t help me either 🤔

0 Likes
Navara
First Poster
Options

I've had my TV for 3 weeks now. Loved the smart remote.

it is now plainly obvious that the smart remote is intermittent at best. This is a Samsung issue so don't waste time resetting your internet, re-pairing the remote etc.

Just accept that Samsung now have your money and don't give a toss about quality of service

0 Likes
DaveMe
Journeyman
Options

Everyone's getting upset because VR is not working. "Sending my TV back to Amazon" hahaha.

VR is a gimmick that currently is not working 100%. So what? I didn't buy the set for the VR and after all they gave you two remote controls. Use the other one :smiling-face:

Unsubscribe from this moaning thread

0 Likes