Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

Smart Remote too sensible

(Topic created on: 02-04-2021 09:53 PM)
MrBreaker
Journeyman
Options

Hi all, I have just bought a fantastic Q95T with a smart remote. Unfortunately, the remote often goes too fast one press of the button and the remote jumps one or two positions or seems to be too sensitive to touch.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Go to solution
17 REPLIES 17
Capt B
First Poster
Options

Also if your wifi uses 2.4ghz range it can interfere with the bluetooth signal that also uses 2.4ghz range solution is to change your wifi signal to 5ghz range via your routers interface.

Joetroniks
Apprentice
Options

I push the volume button up, and then immediately hide the remote under a pillow, and the volume keeps climbing until it maxes out. Is this an rf remote or infrared?

JMullen
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue on a brand new Q80 and the remote was doing this as well as having difficulty when pairing. 

0 Likes
Mbjorkvall
Student
Options

We have the exact same problem. The remote and TV are new. These remotes use Bluetooth so hiding under a pillow may not work. I guess it’s a driver problem in the TV or remote control. 

0 Likes
Joetroniks
Apprentice
Options

I  bought a new remote and my problems were solved. The original remote was $100, but it had the voice/microphone so you could talk to the remote rather than type things out. I got 2 for $15 on Amazon, but it didn't have the microphone, or solar charger on the back...which I didn't care about. Now me and my wife each have our own remote, and we don't miss the microphone to text or solar charger.

0 Likes
Joetroniks
Apprentice
Options

A new remote solved the problem! 2 for $15 on Amazon, but the remote doesn't have the microphone or solar charger/USB charger. It was the remote giving me the problem. It is now good again.

Mbjorkvall
Student
Options

great idea! Was that a generic remote or a Samsung?

0 Likes
Pelind
First Poster
Options

Configuring the repeat settings for remote control buttons
Menu > Settings > All Settings > General & Privacy > Accessibility > Remote Button > Repeat Settings
You can configure the operation speed of the remote control buttons so that they slow down when you continually
press and hold them. First, set Slow Button Repeat to On, and then adjust the operation speed in Repeat Interval.

0 Likes