Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Smart Remote too sensible

(Topic created on: 02-04-2021 09:53 PM)
MrBreaker
Journeyman
Options

Hi all, I have just bought a fantastic Q95T with a smart remote. Unfortunately, the remote often goes too fast one press of the button and the remote jumps one or two positions or seems to be too sensitive to touch.

Am I the only one with this problem?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MrBreaker
Journeyman
Options

Hello to everyone having the same issue. I did a hard rest of the the TV (press the menu button underneath the TV for more than 5 seconds, then the power button on the remote for 5 seconds until the TV restarts, and do a fresh reinstall not importing any settings), and this made things much better, the issue is almost unnoticeable.  Remember to export and then re-import on/from a USB stick our channel list else everything will be lost.

View solution in context

17 REPLIES 17
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @MrBreaker 

Have you tried unpairing and re-pairing your remote? Firstly, take the batteries out of the remote and replace them with new ones. Then, follow this useful link from our friends in the US to re-pair your remote.

Let us know how you get on!

0 Likes
MrBreaker
Journeyman
Options

Hello thank you for your help and the comment. I have first reset the remote control (“return” + “ambient”) then repaired using the key combination listed in your link, and it works a little better, but often still entering twice the input even if I shortly press once.  I wonder if It is a known issue or not as in a different thread I read that others seem to have similar issues. 

0 Likes
ABCINE
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. I've got a Q80T and when I push on the direction pad on the remote the icons jump 3-4 spaces instead of just one.  It seems impossible to get to the right app on the first try.  

Solution
MrBreaker
Journeyman
Options

Hello to everyone having the same issue. I did a hard rest of the the TV (press the menu button underneath the TV for more than 5 seconds, then the power button on the remote for 5 seconds until the TV restarts, and do a fresh reinstall not importing any settings), and this made things much better, the issue is almost unnoticeable.  Remember to export and then re-import on/from a USB stick our channel list else everything will be lost.

GKozak
First Poster
Options

I don't have a menu button on the TV. Is there another way? 

0 Likes
MrBreaker
Journeyman
Options

Hello in my TV the menu button is under the Samsung logo in the middle of the screen.  Is not visible you need to search under the screen.

0 Likes
TQ80T
First Poster
Options

This is so frustrating for me! It's very painful when I think I love the TV! Anyone have a Q80T specific solution?

0 Likes
Frank 55
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same issue with a Frame 55 (GQ55LS03AAUXZG), which apart from this is just excellent. Most of the time, if I press the direction pad very shortly, it goes right to the end of the menu. As I hate this malfunctioning of the smart remote I am thinking of using an alternative remote control. This certainly should not be the solution of the problem, and I think it is up to Samsung support to provide a quick and easy solution for anyone facing this issue.

Nitrous2022
Student
Options

I've read a lot of reset solutions, tried replacing the batteries... restored the TV to factory settings.... even contacted tech support.  Nothing really worked... so.... I went upstairs and got a second smart remote and paired it with the TV.  The buttons work perfectly.  My suspicions are that as the remote ages, the buttons become less reliable... essentially "bouncing" (electrically) when pushed.  I'm going to use a remote reconditioner kit (with clearer and graphite contact renew) to fix the old one.  If you're driving yourself crazy trying all these resets... do yourself a favor and replace the remote.  I suspect this will solve your problems.