Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart remote mic not working

(Topic created on: 27-12-2021 02:34 PM)
UE50AU9000KXXU
Apprentice
Options

Hi, My TV model is UE50AU9000KXXU and Mic doesnot work in the remote. I have tried with Alexa and Google Assitant both.

I have checked whole lot of configurable videos on internet and tried everything. Can someone help here or let me know how to fix it.

Typing in search is painful task and this issue is real pain for me now. Looking forward for your assistance. TIA

19 REPLIES 19
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @UE50AU9000KXXU ,

Happy to have a look at this with you. To begin, can you please confirm if the other functions on the remote are working? Is your TV connected to a stable internet connection? Also, does the TV acknowledge the remote control when you try to use the mic? 

0 Likes
UE50AU9000KXXU
Apprentice
Options

Hi TessM,

Thanks for your response. Yes remote is responding for all other activities. My tv has stable internet connection as well including amazon prime and google login. When i press the mic button remote blinks red but does not respond anything.

Please let me know how to fix it.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

You are very welcome @UE50AU9000KXXU ! Have you tried to reset the remote? The procedure to reset a remote is to take the batteries out and then Hold the power button down for at least 8-10 seconds.  Then Release the button, Reinsert the batteries, and then hold down the play/pause and back buttons to initiate the re-link process. 

0 Likes
UE50AU9000KXXU
Apprentice
Options

I reset it as you said but no fix. When i press mic button it only blinks but does not work. Also give "something went wrong try searching a different way " in right corner in message log.

Please help with other options.

0 Likes
NoiamVlad
First Poster
Options

Im having the same problem. What was the results to this??

0 Likes
Bijay
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem. Please let us know the solution or send us a new remote.

0 Likes
Kgmi
First Poster
Options

Same problem! Exactly same i have checked all setting even a tiny on off button down there but nothing is working 

0 Likes
dsfooty
First Poster
Options

Likewise, same issue on my AU9000KXXU.... occurred after about 1 year. I have had the motherboard replaced through warranty which did not fix the issue. The voice assistant does work when using the remote on the SmartThings app. Therefore, I have isolated the issue to the smart remote itself, which conveniently enough is excluded from the standard Samsung warranty. I imagine the fix would be to buy a new remote, but I am still too butthurt to do so.

Lovely bit of planned obsolescence from Samsung it seems.

Swapnashok
First Poster
Options

Hi, My TV model is UA65AU800KLXL and Mic doesnot work in the remote. I have tried with Alexa and Google Assitant both. I have checked whole lot of configurable videos on internet and tried everything. Can someone help here or let me know how to fix it. Typing in search is painful task and this issue is real pain for me now. Looking forward for your assistance

0 Likes