Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smart Remote battery Cover!

(Topic created on: 01-02-2018 04:44 PM)
Neill1221
Explorer
Options

Has anyone had trouble opening the Battery Cover on the Smart remote for the MU6400 Series TV??

It's murder trying to get it open!! Very badly designed!!

32 REPLIES 32
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Neill1221.

We've checked this with ours in the office and it seems fine. Does yours seem to be catching anywhere or is it just stiff?

Neill1221
Explorer
Options

It won't budge at all! The batteries are in it,but as hard as I try the cover won't move at all! I'm pressing down on the arrow,and still no move! I understand some ppl on youtube are haveing the same problem!!

Neill1221
Explorer
Options

It won't budge at all! The batteries are in it,but as hard as I try the cover won't move at all! I'm pressing down on the arrow,and still no move! I understand some ppl on youtube are haveing the same problem!! some sare saying the batteries have popped out of the housing inside the cover, and that causes the trouble!!

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

That's strange. Where did you buy the TV @Neill1221? Are you anywhere near one of our Service Centres? Have a look here.

Neill1221
Explorer
Options

I think I'm a little bit to the left of westminster abbey! I'm in dublin Ireland! Got it before christmas in argos!!

I've never had a problem getting a battery cover off anything before,so,this is a first! I think it's a bad design!!

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Have you been in touch with the retailer regarding this @Neill1221?

Neill1221
Explorer
Options

No not yet! I wanted to ask if anyone on the forum had the same issue! As I said before I saw some complaints on youtube

with this problem,so,I decided to ask here  to see if there was the same issue!! I still think It's a bad design!! It's the MU6400 series TV  Smart remote!!

Neill1221
Explorer
Options

It would come off if I hit it with a hammer,but,I don't want to do that!!

Nurse1
Apprentice
Options

Blow dryer around the edges works like a charm