Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart remote Alexa unresponsive

(Topic created on: 13-11-2021 11:07 AM)
TTT2
Student
Options

Hi

I have a Samsung smart remote with Amazon Alexa built in. When I press the Alexa button/microphone, I can change volumes but not tv channels. For example when I say "watch channel 7" Alexa on the tv responds with "tuning to 7" however it doesn't change channels. It however works when I tell it to change the tv volume.

I have tried resetting the remote. Any advice?

TIA!

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
Alanjohnclark
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with my tv - 700B 2022. Doesn’t change channel with Alexa and Bixby. Anyone taken it up with Samsung ? 

0 Likes
Lynda-UK
Apprentice
Options

I am setting the TV up and if I ask the alexa dot to change to BBC1 it shows the bar along the bottom and tells me what is currently showing but what it in effect fails to do is press the OK button.

If I asl alexa to go to a channel, and then when alexa does its thing I press the OK button, I get the channel.

Of course, the whole idea of using alexa is to do away with the OK button

Almost tempted to scrap samsung and goto LG

0 Likes
Lynda-UK
Apprentice
Options

The other irritation is that alexa can turn the TV off, but I suspect the TV turns off wifi and so you cannot turn the TV back on again, seems to be half an implementation, OR, I am missing the blindingly obvious somewhere

0 Likes
willjoe
Explorer
Options
  • Unplug your Fire TV and wait 60 seconds.
  • Press and hold the Left button, Menu button, and Back button at the same time. ...
  • Release the buttons and wait 5 seconds.
  • Remove the batteries from your remote.
  • Plug in your Fire TV and wait 60 seconds.
  • Put the batteries back in your remote.

Regards,

Will

0 Likes
Lynda-UK
Apprentice
Options

I am not sure what you mean by a Fire TV, I have a Samsung TV (2 in fact and both do the same thing).

If you mean one of the USB plug in things, then I dont have one of them.

Both TVs have recently been set up from a factory reset using the smart things app on a tablet and as i said, it seems to be a half effective implementation.

Do Samsung Tech people ever come here and respond

0 Likes