Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart remote Alexa unresponsive

(Topic created on: 06-02-2022 07:17 PM)
TTT2
Student
Options

Hi

I have a Samsung smart remote with Amazon Alexa built in. When I press the Alexa button/microphone, I can change volumes but not tv channels. For example when I say "watch channel 7" Alexa on the tv responds with "tuning to 7" however it doesn't change channels. It however works when I tell it to change the tv volume.

I have tried resetting the remote. Any advice?

TIA!

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful to you

Use Alexa with your Samsung TV

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00087622/
0 Likes
TTT2
Student
Options

Hi xSteveuk

No luck with those instructions unfortunately. 

0 Likes
Members_8w28A0Y
First Poster
Options

I have exact same problem, the volume works fine but the channel doesn't change despite the screen showing 'tuning to 101' - so Alexa/TV recognises commands but TV does not tune - must be a bug somewhere, it used to work a few months back. Annoying.

0 Likes
HappyAJ
First Poster
Options
Unable to allow access to Amazon Alexa
0 Likes
MMNC
First Poster
Options

I have same issue... Frustrating....

0 Likes
Rlarenal
Explorer
Options

I were using Alexa in my Q80T without no error for a year.

Since I have updated the TV firmware yesterday to 2200 versión, Alexa does not change channels anymore neither can open YouTube.

Alexa understands my voice commands answering that she is doing what I have requested but nothing happens. Changing volumen and switching off the tv still working. 

0 Likes
Betles
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

I have gq85qn85aatxzg since 1 day in use.
And the same issues with Alexa, channels cannot be switched, but the sound level change works fine.

When I ask Alexa to switch to channel number 5, she responds like "I am switching to 5", but then nothing is happening.

During the TV initialization it was notified that there is a newer FW version available, so I have updated it instantly...

Samsung will do something against it?!

0 Likes
Members_drwmd2f
First Poster
Options

Have same issue. Just purchased my first Samsung TV, and Alexa only controls volume.  Everything else she says she is doing (like set channel 10) but it doesnt actually work.  A bug that is easy to identify and would be good to know when a fix is due.

0 Likes
DJProdigy
First Poster
Options

I have just bought a Samsung Q80A tv yesterday and the same problem is happening to me ,, Alexa hears my voice and turns volume up and down but won’t change the tv channel . Alexa responds with okay but does not do anything …. Why is this happening ? Is it an update what’s done this and will it be getting fixed in a future update ??

0 Likes