Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart hub updating, try again later

(Topic created on: 13-04-2020 10:22 AM)
StillNotARobot
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I've had the smart hub update problem for 2 days: "smarthub is being updated please try again later". I've seen that lots of people have had the same problem and it's been suggested Samsung are deliberately blocking some customers to force them to buy new TVs. 

Is there a fix, or is it actually a scam by Samsung?

My model is UE32F4500 and my software is 2127. 

Some people have said they fixed the problem by doing something with the physical on/off button on the set, but my model doesn't have a button like that.

Advice please.

0 Likes
40 REPLIES 40
Steve-W62
Student
Options

Hi folks I had same problem and phoned the Samsung support for UK and they could not have been any nicer. She told me to turn the set off then back on after 30 seconds. She then checked a few things with me such as software version and she the told me how to navigate the the settings and give her access to my tv, she then brought up menus that I don't think are available to users without the link up. She then took me through several steps which reset the smart hub which deleted all the apps, then she took me to another menu and had to select Chinese as the language ( I don't think anyone should change the language without their help as they can bring up the different menus), then had to select uk as the language then she gave me menus which reloaded all the apps and bingo the tv works a treat again. Thank you Samsung.  Hope this helps other people.

0 Likes
EA25
First Poster
Options

We are having the same problem. 

the reset works for us but we have to do it daily and then log back into iPlayer etc again, it's very frustrating. 

Any suggestions? I've read the forums - manual reset / ticking t&c etc but no success. 

many thanks

0 Likes
Grunt53
First Poster
Options
I had the same issue. Samsung remote support reset my TV by doing a Factory reset which replicated the problem.

Whilst trying to install the Stan app it showed Smart Hub Updating and Samsung Level 2 tech could not rectify this advising me to speak to Stan support. I then tried to hot spotted my TV to my phone ensuring a good signal and data were available and after a couple of attempts to search and install the Stan app I was able to install the app.

It seems that the TV or smart hub are not properly connecting to the Samsung servers or DNS and by switching hotspots refreshed this. It took 5 mins connection on my phone for the smart hub to update and everything was back to normal. Apps will not install until Smart Hub completes its own update.

I reverted back to my normal wifi connection and I could download more apps and use Stan normally.

I was able to replicate this issue twice and resolve it twice with a hotspot to phone.

Please ensure network setting are set to get the IP address and DNS automatically before hot spotting to phone.

Hope this helps others.
0 Likes
TysonMc87
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue since January, when the TV asked me to update it. First the hub kept saying "smart hub is being updated. Please try again later". So I deleted my history and had to go to the menu to access hub or go to the app on my mobile and cast it to TV. That only worked for a fee days. 

Then I had to factory reset. Worked for one day, kept coming up. It's been 3months now. I can't even get onto the internet, let alone use the smart hub. 

0 Likes
Steve-W62
Student
Options

Hi TysonMc87.  You should give samsung support a call because they can take control of your tv through internet and open up menus that dont normally appear in you tv settings and talk you through procedure to sort out your problem. give them a call

van_Robert
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I had the sam issue (and for your info, thuis "Smart hub pending" issue is a well known bug in Samsung community...) a few months ago. Nothing has helped (including factory reset, smart hub reset, motherboard change...) only a kind of "hard reset".

Before you start, make sure that you have PHYSICAL standby button on your TV. Should be on the bottom edge, behind the SAMSUNG logo (mine is approx 2 CM on left from the middle). If you have joystick button on the backover, then you need to press it.

#1 Please do a smart hub reset first, and DO NOT start the smart hub. The best if you unplug the NET cable (or switch off the WiFi access).

#2 Switch off and on your TV.

#3 Then press and HOLD your physical standby button on your TV for at least 3 seconds (5 is better...).

#4 Now, you can release the button.

#5 Within maximum 5-6 seconds press and HOLD the standby button on your REMOTE for 3 seconds too and then release.

#6 If you made it well, your TV will switch on and off 2 times and will restart in a virgin mode. If not, just repeat the steps #1-#5. Also, you can try to start from switched-on and swithced-off status. As far as I remember, it worked from switched-on status, but I'm not sure...

I learned this trick from a Samsung technician after he put back the original motherboard. And this is the only solution which helped in my case.

You can have a try...

Good luck!

RROwen
Apprentice
Options

I am having the same problem, here on Long Island, New York.  Bought the T.V. in 2015 & am just now attempting to watch Netflix on it.  Sigh.  Nothing seems to work, and I wonder why Samsung has not notified its customers of this problem.

CyMel46
First Poster
Options

@StillNotARobot wrote:

Hi,

I've had the smart hub update problem for 2 days: "smarthub is being updated please try again later". I've seen that lots of people have had the same problem and it's been suggested Samsung are deliberately blocking some customers to force them to buy new TVs. 

Is there a fix, or is it actually a scam by Samsung?

My model is UE32F4500 and my software is 2127. 

Some people have said they fixed the problem by doing something with the physical on/off button on the set, but my model doesn't have a button like that.

Advice please.

I had this problem and tried many suggested fixes without success.
My tv was connected via a wired network. I disconnected the ethernet and connected via wi-fi. I was immediately able to download all apps that I wanted. I went back to wired network and problem has disappeared.

TV is 2015 model UA48J6200.

0 Likes
borisl
First Poster
Options

Hi!

I had the same issue with UE40F6400AK. 
Recently my TV has updated itself to the newest version 2127.

Then I got into the same problem as the rest of you..

I couldn't get into apps.. Netflix and other apps showing me Smart updating issue.

The solution was the following:

- disconnect from network

- reset smart hub

- turn off then on TV from mains

- tried trick with holding power-on button on remote and on the joystick at the back as one user mentioned. Don't have a clue if that helped, my tv didn't restart itself, just turned off.

- after turning back on went to smart hub, connected to wired  connection, ticked boxes and started it.

When the smart hub  function was activated:

- on a new "small" menu I cleaned all "recent" apps at the bottom with the click on the trashcan

- clicked on Featured then by the click on the cyan Apps button showed full screen with apps as before, and then all apps updated themselves.

- afterwards by clicking Netflix or Amazon prime it all worked. Apps from the Recent or Featured list work OK now.

So we have now new "small" menu where we can choose Recent or Featured apps. When clicking on Apps button we got the "old" screen where we can add/remove/update apps.

I already ordered FireTV stick from Amazon, cancelling order, all good now until next update :)))

RROwen
Apprentice
Options

Thank you very much.  I did all of this as well, and it finally worked.  Am only using Netflex for now-- that's enough new technology for me at present.

Take care, thanks again, & stay safe!

-R. Owen

0 Likes