Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart hub stuck at updating

(Topic created on: 13-04-2020 09:55 AM)
Sirano1981
First Poster
Options

Hello.

my smart hub on my Samsung tv (UE32J4500AKXXU) is stuck with the message - smarthub is being updated please try again later.

i have tried a factory reset (menu - support - self diagnosis- reset)

i have tried the smart hub hub connection test ( menu - support - self diagnosis - smart hub connection test) 

i have tried resetting the smart hub (menu - smarthub - reset smart hub)

all t+c’s have been agreed to all times ( both via accept all and individually checked)

There are currently no software updates available for our tv

nothing seems to be working. Any advice would be greatly appreciated 

0 Likes
37 REPLIES 37
Simonsdiamonds
Student
Options

Model UA40j5300

Please help. Lockdown can get really long without access to shows.

0 Likes
CyMel46
First Poster
Options

I had this problem and tried many suggested fixes without success.
My tv was connected via a wired network. I disconnected the ethernet and connected via wi-fi. I was immediately able to download all apps that I wanted. I went back to wired network and problem has disappeared.

TV is 2015 model UA48J6200.

0 Likes
CyMel46
First Poster
Options

@CyMel46 wrote:

I had this problem and tried many suggested fixes without success.
My tv was connected via a wired network. I disconnected the ethernet and connected via wi-fi. I was immediately able to download all apps that I wanted. I went back to wired network and problem has disappeared.

TV is 2015 model UA48J6200.

I should add that I set up a hotspot on my phone and connected through that.

0 Likes
LeePar
First Poster
Options

My tv remote doesn't have Info button.  Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
Hopefully1953
First Poster
Options

Try going to the menu, select smart features then open smart hub. and you should not have the updating hub message. you may need to do this every other time you access the hub. 

0 Likes
Support5
First Poster
Options

We recently purchased a new Q80T.  The TV is stuck in a loop “downloading content”.  Samsung support has been helpful but unable to correct this issue.

image.jpg

0 Likes
geektech007
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the answer. I followed the service mode tutorial here and it fixed it for me as well.  After entering service mode i did a factory reset and this fixed the smarthub hanging issue. 

0 Likes
MMariah
First Poster
Options

none of these "remedies" are working for me either. 

Have had nothing but grief this week with the TV.    first off - netflix would not load - reset my internet modem to fix that.  

then yesterday, screen goes black with SAMSUNG jumping around the screen,  Internet search says do factory reset.   and that is when the problem started.  Smart Hub has been in upgrade mode for the past 5 1/2 hours 

I am at my wits end over here. 
Is the real fix to buy a new TV?  

0 Likes
dragonsun
Explorer
Options

It didn't work for me. 😞

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Abid201
Journeyman
Options

Hi i have Samsung smart tv model UA48H6300AR as my tv is rebooting every 10mints. I tried to proceed upgrade but it got stuck on stage 3 showing downloading n this may take some time. It has been now 4hrs but still same.. plz help me now how to cancel this to display the picture as it is stuck on downloading...plz help.. i tried power off i have tried info / power/ mute/ menu but no luck plz help atleast i can watch tv 

0 Likes