Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart hub stuck at updating

(Topic created on: 10-01-2020 06:22 PM)
Sirano1981
First Poster
Options

Hello.

my smart hub on my Samsung tv (UE32J4500AKXXU) is stuck with the message - smarthub is being updated please try again later.

i have tried a factory reset (menu - support - self diagnosis- reset)

i have tried the smart hub hub connection test ( menu - support - self diagnosis - smart hub connection test) 

i have tried resetting the smart hub (menu - smarthub - reset smart hub)

all t+c’s have been agreed to all times ( both via accept all and individually checked)

There are currently no software updates available for our tv

nothing seems to be working. Any advice would be greatly appreciated 

0 Likes
37 REPLIES 37
Farah22
First Poster
Options
Thank you so much for your help!
I tried your way and it worked . Finally, all the other suggestions were not working at all. Yours did!
0 Likes
guily6669
Explorer
Options

I already did that like a gazillion times, including app reset, SVS reset and every kind of reset trough service menu and nothing works...

It only gives me 10MB free on the Smart Hub and seconds later it's already back to 0KB free 1 GB used and smart hub is updating and 0KB free...

Pointless garbage...

0 Likes
nfharris
Student
Options

I guess you have a different issue then. Sorry this did bit help.

Weirdly, the Smart Hub updating message has started showing again for me, but if I wait 30 seconds (I've timed it!) and try again it works.

0 Likes
MickeyTheBoy
First Poster
Options

Genius !! This fixed it for me after I had tried everything else and was running out of ideas. As in your case my TV did not restart itself so I switched it on by the remote after a couple of minutes. It came on in setup mode and once completed the Smarthub and Apps worked correctly.

Many thanks.

0 Likes
Homehubupdating
First Poster
Options

Mine has been stuck for two weeks now, tried every conceivable fix, super frustrated as everything works!  Last Samsung support suggested was to return to nearest support centre, a 40" tv!!?  Insane, especially when as it appears this is a common fault!

0 Likes
Micky1985
Student
Options
This worked perfect for me. Thank you. Wish I came across this week's ago.!
0 Likes
DavidR51
First Poster
Options
Worked perfectly! Straightforward procedure. Thanks
0 Likes
Kirsty46
First Poster
Options

You're my hero! Thank you!! Why can't Samsung provide this answer?

Andrea531966
First Poster
Options

a couple of time since doing this i have then had the 'dreaded' smarthub updating sign on my tv but I have gone back to main tv menu and then left it on tv about 5 minutes before trying again and then all ok. Its such a pain and dont know why Samsung haven't rectified this problem. 

0 Likes
Simonsdiamonds
Student
Options

I followed those steps and still not working.

0 Likes