Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart hub no longer showing NAS

(Topic created on: 04-07-2021 11:18 PM)
Thesld
Pioneer
Options
As per title. Been fine and showing the entire time I've owned  ith ti's and my nas. On Googling it NAS forums are all showing the same thing (qnap and syno) that suddenly samsung smart TVs are no longer showing NAS, have reset everything. Nothing has helped. Looking like another Samsung decision that's just screwed people over. No notifications.  Nothing said. But definitely not working. Literally everything else on the network still runs fine. No issues there. And given the other forums it seems to be the TVs. 

Anyone actually able to help. Have tried adjustments to router settings too, but nothing has made a difference. Really annoyed that I'm now unable to use my NAS on my tvs. Dlna is a thing for a reason and I'm really annoyed. 

Any advice? Anyone?
19 REPLIES 19
Thesld
Pioneer
Options
Anyone? Even if just to point me in a direction.
Have taken the nas to a friend's house. Instantly shows on their LG as is normal. Their Samsung is the same now too, does t show at all.
Why would this feature be removed. Almost like Samsung have blocked it.
At the point where I regret ever spending a penny with this company, been my go to for phones and tvs for about a decade. Particularly annoyed as I've just bought a new NAS too, pointless now as no doubt that won't show either. Can't express enough how annoyed I am
GibberGee
Student
Options

I also have the same issue. Called Samsung and although very sincere on the phone, kindly told me that since the TV is just out of warranty they wouldn't be able to assist. My suspicion is that there has been a software update to fix a security vulnerability and part of the patch has now blocked any access to the NAS from the TV. Interestingly enough, I have an older Samsung TV (running an older OS, not auto-updated) and this still see's the NAS perfectly. 

So it looks like anyone who wants to connect a NAS may need to steer clear of Samsung and throw away perfectly good TV's, all due to inadequate coding of a software update. Please resolve this Samsung!

Thesld
Pioneer
Options
Looks exactly like that. Managed to get it to show again after restarting the dlna server and remapping my network. Lasted one day. I actually hate Samsung just now. Everything they do makes their products worse. Now back to nothing showing on the network. Used to be able to actually access my.laptop on smart hub too. Absolute shambles.
0 Likes
Thesld
Pioneer
Options
Working on the bedroom samsung. So no idea what's happening with the main one. Most likely an update as you say. Really bloody annoying. Nothing I've done has worked. That one day of it showing on the main display hasn't been repeatable. Raging. Currently using a firestick 4k and vlc to access the NAS on the main display now. Absolute shambles
0 Likes
DisappointingTV
Student
Options

That is messed up. I always have my external HDD hooked up directly to my Samsung TV and never connected it to the internet. Because several video files were unable to be played by the TV, I decided to update it.
Not only are the files still unable to be played, the worst thing is that now the Smart button doesn't show the option to view the recently played videofiles anymore and I now have to manually search through my entire harddrive in order to continue watching a video I started.

It seems Samsung is trying to dissuade users from watching content from their harddrives and is trying to force them onto the online  subscription platforms.
Anyway, this is the last time I will be buying a Samsung TV if they are restricting us consumers to use the product as we want to use it.
I hope you get the NAS to work again but I have given up hope being able to use the recently viewed option again and severely regret updating the ***** TV.

Thesld
Pioneer
Options
Welcome, buddy.
You're right, it totally sucks.
I'll never buy anything samsung again.
Removing features from groups you sign up to and sell it as such is horrible.
They are becoming a company to hate.

Will be replacing my phone (samsung, sucks more and more with every update) and no other tech I buy will ever be samsung again.
Just so past dealing with their nonsense. Like blocking use of other companies products from their health app etc. Just horrible positions to take. If they want their own wee world like apple does, do it. But do it openly and stop wasting end users time.
Thesld
Pioneer
Options
And now can't use the YouTube app on mobile to connect to the one on TV. Older bedroom one? All good. New one that no longer sees anything on the network? Nah. TV code only. Update just bricked everything
0 Likes
Options

Hi everyone, I have the same issue only very recently. Unable to access content from my WD Cloud NAS. The NAS uses twonky server. It shows the server on the TV but no content displayed. Have spent hours and tried everything, reset everything. Have no idea but is very frustrating if this is a recent decision by Samsung. Any suggestions by anyone? Cheers 

Thesld
Pioneer
Options
I had to reset everything on my network and restart everything, twice at least, then gave up, and then, about a month and a half later, it started showing up again. Pain in the hoop. It occasionally disappears too. I don't trust it and stream myNAS through a fire stick now.
0 Likes