Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart hub is being updated. Please try again later.

(Topic created on: 03-02-2020 12:14 AM)
Khim
Apprentice
Options

Hi my samsung smart tv is suffering form this problem for a month now. Can some tell me how to fix this? 

93 REPLIES 93
Alyssa3
Student
Options

Nothing was working for me either when I did the Smarthub reset. It just kept giving me the 'Smarthub reset, try again later' message. What I did that actually worked was pressed the Smarthub button on the remote, and instead of trying to click on one of the apps like Netflix or Amazon prime, click on the Samsung apps icon. From there, it will open a new page showing all apps. Click on whichever one you want to open, and it will prompt you to sign in again to those individual accounts. Then you're good to go. 

RubbleToes
Journeyman
Options

I am having the same issue. UN55JU6400

0 Likes
MindyS
First Poster
Options

Hitting the smart hub button, going to Samsung apps and hitting return worked!!!  Thank you so much!  I called Samsung 3 times, was on the phone for over an hour because I couldn't get on Netflix.  They told me to take my tv to get a new network card.  My son connected an ethernet cord because the error message said the wifi was working but we had no internet, and that got us to the SmartHub is being updated message.  Now, finally, thanks to you, we are back in business!  Thank you so much!!!

0 Likes
KerryB
First Poster
Options

I've read about doing the EEPROM reset on my samsung un65ju640d because I'm having (and have been for months!) the same issue about a software update going on when it's not and having 0 available memory. 

Anwyay, do you start with the TV off or on? if it's off and you hold the power botton for 3 seconds, that will turn it on. then holding the remote power button will turn it off. Can you please tell me EXACTLY what to do? Thanks!

0 Likes
Alyssa3
Student
Options

I started with my tv on, then hit the home button. You'll see an icon come up that says Samsung Apps. Hit that icon, and you should see all your other installed apps pop up again. I figured this happened because my bedroom tv is old (2014) so I have to mess with it a little more as the software updates while the hardware is stuck in 2014. Hope this helps. I wanted to throw my tv out the window if I saw one more 'smart hub updating, try again later' message. 

0 Likes
Wildcat666
First Poster
Options

Called Samsung. Got a rep on the phone and told him ethe issue. 3 minutes later all fixed. Thank you Samsung.

0 Likes
RubbleToes
Journeyman
Options

I spent 4 hours with them, and they could not fix it

0 Likes
atlasatlas
First Poster
Options

Phone Samsung (Tel 0333 000 0333 from the UK).  They fixed mine free of charge by dialing into my TV remotely via a 30 minute phone call. 

Before this, I had spent two months trying various methods described on internet forums and Samsung's own website method to unsuccessfully resolve this.  These included updating the software, unplugging for five minutes and even resetting the TV to factory settings but nothing worked.  The telephone helpline lady was so helpful that I will always phone them straight away in future.

0 Likes
guily6669
Explorer
Options

I called their support from my country and all they did remotely was go into smart Hub and press reset nothing more which I told him I already have done it like a million times and even all resets trough service menu like factory reset, svc rese, app reset and everything reset... also tried changing smart Hub region and then back to mine, nothing worked...

The support only told me to take it to a samsung authorized repair center which I took and had to pay 30€ just to leve the TV there and they wanted to replace my motherboard which is fully working and in service menu all tests pass, eeprom, ram and all kinds of memories all pass with OK fully tested and also it clearly shows 1GB used 0KB free so it's not the other problem that some people have which show 0GB used and 0KB free, my memory chip is clearly working fine.

So I told them I didn't want to swap motherboard, they just don't know how to access the smart Hub and reinstall it which is stupid, any problem they want to swap the whole fully working motherboard for maybe a 50 cent low, slow memory chip which is full of ***** and samsung software devs even forgot to add the clear data\cache option on it or a way for us to access it and fully reinstall it...

They ended up giving me 10€ back from the 30€ paid because they did nothing and they didnt even opened up the TV, so they probably just done resets, entered service menu and nothing more for 30€ so they decided to give me 10€ back which they claimed at 1st it would always cost 30€ just to leave the TV there for diagnosis, so stupid...

ps: My next TV will be either Hisense, LG OLED or TCL and not samsung for sure...

ZeroCrypticData
First Poster
Options

I removed a few apps from the home menu and I was able to install apps again. 

0 Likes