Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart hub failure

(Topic created on: 08-02-2020 10:05 AM)
Narek1
Apprentice
Options

Smart hub not working.

I was unable to use any app always prompt "this tv is not fully functional in this region". So I did factory reset and now all apps disappeared and now I can't accept privacy policy terms of use always prompting same message

20 REPLIES 20
InukAja
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. Turned my tv on this morning and Smart Hub won't open, saying it's georaphically blocked. 

Bought my tv in 2015 and never had problems.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Are you using the TV in the same country where it was purchased @InukAja or a different one?

0 Likes
InukAja
First Poster
Options
Purchased it on www.proshop.dk in February 2015. Received it March 2015. Installed it. Have used Smart Hub ever since. Never problems until this morning.
0 Likes
InukAja
First Poster
Options
Oh I live in Greenland. Bought the tv in a Danish store.
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

That might be why you are getting this error. Our TVs are made to work in different regions, however, their use is intended for the region where it was manufactured, which means that some features may not be available in other countries/regions. 

If you would like, you can reach my colleagues in Denmark to have a look at this with you. Find all their contact details here. 

0 Likes
InukAja
First Poster
Options
I find this very strange. As I wrote I've never had problems with Smart Hub until this morning.
What happened overnight?
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

I'm unable to say without having a closer look at this so I would strongly recommend contacting our colleague sin your area or where the TV was manufactured to provide you with the right information. 

0 Likes
Anjay123
Student
Options

Hello tess.

I am facing the same issue. I bought this tv in UAE and now stay in Georgia. Can you assist with this please or direct me to someone.Thanks

0 Likes
InukAja
First Poster
Options

Contacted Danish Samsung, they could not help me. Contacted my internet provider, no help. Searched rhe internet once more, no help. Sale in the local store - bought a new tv (2019 model) problem "solved", no problem.

0 Likes
Anjay123
Student
Options

I think it is unreasonable that if you change your location the tv  will stop working but it will work if you buy a new TV in your new location. We are kind of attached with our tv (sounds stupid but it helped us go through a rough spinal surgery period ). But now it has suddenly become useless because we stay in a country where there is nothing to watch on cable or live tv. How could samsung do that make a working model trash in a minute  .

0 Likes