Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Smart hub failure

(Topic created on: 20-12-2019 11:26 PM)
angelsfan56
First Poster
Options

Netflix, Pandora and all the other apps stopped working on me today. My internet connection is good as i switched from a WIFI setting to a wired one and still no results. I reset the smart hub and now when i go click on an app it says  "Smart hub is being update please try again later" i went to self diagnosis and it told me to update to a newer version but when i go to update it tells me that there are no more updates. I then looked around to manually update and went to the samsung site with the firmware. When i typed in my Model # which is "UN55H6203" the website said i didnt have a real model number. Any help would be appreciated i bought this tv a few years ago for the smart features so id like to get them up and running again.

0 Likes
43 REPLIES 43
bradharry
Student
Options
I have reset everything still not fixed
guily6669
Explorer
Options

I just went to the repair shop yesterday to pick up my TV, they wanted to change the motherboard of the TV which off course I refused since I know it's not a hardware problem when a huge amount of ppl have the same exact problem only 1GB of memory, 0KB free and Smart Hub needs a update which won't do it and after any reset will even lose the default apps 4 ever... S C R E W this... Samsung B A S T A R D S...

Samsung = Low memory that comes already almost full on most their TV's, no recovery mode, no memory data access, no memory cleaning function, not even FW reinstall, they lock everything up so we can only install a higher FW and not even reinstall neither FW, neither Smart Hub, NOTHING...

bradharry
Student
Options

Mine fixed itself some how!

0 Likes
guily6669
Explorer
Options
For some people it's just server issues maybe you only had the server issues which is not the same problem I have...

For others Smart Hub Reset works and for others changing the code zone of the Smart Hub and then back to your country fixes...

And for some like me nothing works, no reset, no memory left, smart hub says it's updating, the default apps are gone, can't install any app not even in a USB pen drive and not even any app that is not pre-install since it always says smart Hub is updating and there's 0KB left, reseting the TV even trough service menu or whatever only leaves 10MB free and after smart hub opens it instantaneously eats the 10MB and goes back to 0KB free 1GB used and smart hub keeps updating with 0KB free...

I only have 1 thing left to try which is some people report to at least have stop the "smart Hub is updating" problem by blocking the domain that samsung is using for updating, but sadly my router doesn't even have that feature, I will take the TV to a friend house some day to see if at least I can install apps to a USB pen drive, but sadly nothing will fix the full memory back, but if I could at least install youtube in a USB pen drive and would work I'd already be happy, but I'm thinking most likely it will say that is already installed on the TV and won't allow to install on the USB no matter what :(...
bobalob48
First Poster
Options

No able to update smart hub- so couldn't access the apps, BBC I player etc After several resets which did not solve the problem I rang the Samsung support number in the UK and the engineer there fixed the problem by remotely accessing my  Samsung Smart TV and then updating the Smart TV (it is 5 years old) so that I can now access the apps, BBC Iplayer, ITV Hub, Youtube, All4  etc. Top class service from Samsung! I only had to wait 5-10 minutes to get through and then another 10 minutes for engineer to see the problem and fix it remotley. Very clever! In the old days it would have been bring the TV into the shop sir and we will then send it away. BTW the extended five year guarentee for this TV (it was five weeks within the 5 year guarentee period) from Richer Sounds -also an excellent company- did NOT cover this software problem. Before Samsung solved the problem -btw no charge-I had bought a Google Chromecast (20 pounds Argos) as a temporary fix. Cast programmes from smart phone to TV.  10 out of 10 for Samsung support, at least for this problem. 

0 Likes
guily6669
Explorer
Options

Good 4 you but you could probably have updated your self, that's not the same problem as when the TV smart hub memory is full and and then asks to update it which doesn't update or do anything and we reset it and even lose the default apps...

4 me all the remote tech support did was go to smart hub and press reset, it's so dumb when I told them I had done that a million times and didn't work, doesn't work through service menu either, nothing works as Samsung have done a super bad software job and hardware too since it's dumb to make expensive "smart" TVs that come with like 100MB free or less from day 1, very smart indeed and then no data access, no memory data/cache clean function either is just top of the line cleverness in making broken TVs to keep customers paying a lot to change the whole motherboard because of like a 0.5$ memory chip that is full of their own C * * P without any function to clean it's data and also not even the authorized repair shops can flash them.

F1JonB
First Poster
Options

I had same problems, continually resetting the Smart hub and always failing on step 3; download of terms and policies. I called Samsung help line, very helpful, they resolved by getting me to move tv WiFi from home router to my iPhone hotspot, the terms downloaded and Smart hub was fixed. I moved tv back to home WiFi and all is now good. Either a Samsung automatic update had changed the firewall or my ISP had blocked Samsung, in my opinion, but I’m not a tecky! Hope this helps others, regards Jon.

0 Likes
guily6669
Explorer
Options
Sadly that's also not the same issue as I have... it downloads the terms and conditions, it goes into smart hub, but I only have e-manual and the browser, the rest of the apps are gone and I have 0KB of memory available and 1.01GB used and smart hub keeps saying it's updating...
Pgo1
First Poster
Options

I too struggled with the answer and finally solved it........

Go to the smart hub screen....

Enter the featured app area.....

Then go to the blue samsung app....

The apps will begin updating automatically...

You're welcome.

guily6669
Explorer
Options

That's when you have memory available, not when it's already trying to update it with the memory full without even having installed anything and gets stucked in this loop...

Also I have already tried blocking Cloudfront.net like for some it worked and stop saying smart hub is updating, but for me it didnt work, it kept saying smart hub is updating and still 0KB available 1.01 GB used and the only app I have access is the ***** browser, I only cared for youtube...

0 Likes