Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Smart hub failure

(Topic created on: 03-12-2019 04:02 PM)
angelsfan56
First Poster
Options

Netflix, Pandora and all the other apps stopped working on me today. My internet connection is good as i switched from a WIFI setting to a wired one and still no results. I reset the smart hub and now when i go click on an app it says  "Smart hub is being update please try again later" i went to self diagnosis and it told me to update to a newer version but when i go to update it tells me that there are no more updates. I then looked around to manually update and went to the samsung site with the firmware. When i typed in my Model # which is "UN55H6203" the website said i didnt have a real model number. Any help would be appreciated i bought this tv a few years ago for the smart features so id like to get them up and running again.

0 Likes
43 REPLIES 43
bekiss
First Poster
Options

After talking to Samsung, I needed to update the smarthub app, not the TV software.  The tech had me click on the remotes smarthub button and then asked what I saw in the lower lefthand corner.  The square in the corner that normaly shows apps was completely grey.  He had me click on the square and then I was prompted to update the app.  Works great now.  If that doesn't work contact Samsung.  I actually submitted a request on the TV and a tech called me within 10 min.   

0 Likes
Staneq
Journeyman
Options

Hi I've same problem, smart hub doesnt work.

Unfortunately, nothing helps with my, tv 50j6240.

No application after smart hub reset (only amazon), i cant install any new app beacuse the smart hub function is still being updated.

1GB internal memory full, 0 memory available.

1530 software

I did a reset from the service menu,

Eeprom reset does not start as it tries to do it according to the advice from the forum, tv is to be turned on or off when I press on / off?

I also did a reset in the svc options. Nothing helps... help

guily6669
Explorer
Options

Same exact problem here and no way to fix it...

My Samsung TV has 0KB available, lost all apps only have browser and e-manual, I tried resetting the TV in all 4 ways and nothing works...

Lost all default apps and can't install any app not even the ones that we can install in a USB pen drive since all of them says Smart Hub is updating but the TV has literally 0KB available and nothing updates...

I did self diagnosis reset, Smart Hub reset, system setup and factory reset via service menu and also tried reset apps, SVC and everything trough Samsung Service Menu but nothing works, the TV always have 0KB available and no apps on the smart hub... I also tried app update trough samsung service menu it says OK but does nothing probably by again the TV having 0 memory left in it.

Samsung is just garbage even though my TV is old, my cousin bought either a 2018 or 2019 samsung TV with the latest white menu and has the same problem as mine, it still comes with 1GB and it's all full already from stock...

I had a old cheap TCL from 2017 and had 8GB and like 4GB available or more to install stuff and their latest TV's have 16GB...

My friend also bought an expensive Samsung Q80 TV and comes with like 2GB total only if I remember well for a high end model is just super stupid...

ps: Now my Smart TV is a dumb TV and I wanted to sell it to a friend, but now the TV lost all it's value, youtube was the only thing I needed, I have a 2.1 speaker set in it and I used to play a lot of musics on youtube or watch youtube in 4K and now I have to either use my PS4 wasting like the energy of the whole TV just to play youtube and has much lower quality since it's always on gaming mode and the TV loses a lot of quality and I won't be wasting like maybe 150W just to watch youtube with PS4 Pro + TV on just for youtube when the TV could do it by it self alone and with much better quality and I could also put some soft sounds playing all night and turn image off while having sound, it's all gone :(...

Staneq
Journeyman
Options

If  you find fix please tell me... problem is how clear a internal hdd.

angelsfan56
First Poster
Options

Ive been getting emails for a while about this and my fix was to stop using samsungs terrible on board smart features and got a roku ultra and have had 0 poroblems since. Good luck everyone. 

0 Likes
guily6669
Explorer
Options

The guy in the live chat sadly couldnt do anything, they will call me tomorrow but I don't think support can even do anything sadly because I asked him if the tech support could clean memory via remote function on the TV but he said they can't clean the memory...

I'm gonna have to wait for tomorrow when they call me so that they get remote access, but I don't think they will be able to do anything at all since the guy in the live chat support said they can't clean the memory...

This is just a stupid move from samsung, how in the name of god they design a system that comes without memory already from factory or keeps filling up and no way to even clean memory or access it anywhere not even as a remote tech support...

On some other thread I saw a guy with the same problem and he sad samsung had to replace the motherboard so that he had free memory, this is just a ***** joke, it's like now you bought a laptop and just the windows and default apps would have all the memory filled up but you could not access any of the data and every time the few MB left are filled up you had to keep buying a full new motherboard replacement, what a joke...

My next buy = wait for OLED prices to drop and bye bye samsung...

ps: I will update here if samsung remote tech support could fix my problem or not and edit this post if it allows me...

Staneq
Journeyman
Options

I cross fingers.. :winking-face:

in my samsung helpline in Poland they have no idea at all.. 😕

if they don't help us, I think I'll buy something like this: xiaomi mi box s..

0 Likes
guily6669
Explorer
Options

I'm still waiting for their phone call which is set for like 2 hours from now, but anyway I wanted to say that my tv is old, but my cousin bought a samsung TV this year and her model is either from 2018 or 2019 and also comes with only 1 GB of memory and almost all is being used just like my old TV, it seems samsung don't care at all...

I had a cheap TCL and a Sony TV back in like 2017 and both had 8 GB and like around 4GB for installing apps, way more than we actually need, I don't know why samsung calls their TV's smart TV's and bring like half a dozen apps and the memory is full from factory and 1GB in 2018\2019???? I wonder how much it cost the amazing 1GB memory chip in the TV, my guess is like 0.5$???

bekiss1
First Poster
Options
This fix also worked for me
0 Likes
guily6669
Explorer
Options

Just a heads up, sadly don't bother calling remote support, all they do is the same you do, they go on smart Hub settings and reset it nothing more...

They told me to take the TV to a local assistant shop and ask for prices and more information there, so I have to pay for a known samsung problem...

I already tried the 4 ways to reset the TV, smart Hub reset, smart hub zone change, app reset via service menu, app update via service menu, nothing works...

Basically the TV starts up after a reset with only browser and e-manual working, all other apps are grayed out, smart hub says it's updating but only has around 10MB left after a reset and soon it's at 0KB available and never update anything at all...

Thank you samsung, my next buy will be either LG OLED or TCL and I have 1 samsung monitor and 4 Samsung TV's, but my current 4K samsung will be the last...

It's incredible how they make a smart TV (Dumb TV) that comes with 1GB only and a few MB left and over time ends up eating the whole memory left without installing a single app and at some point it might get to the problem I have which many other also had, I heard that they had to replace the whole motherboard on other people's TV when memory also like mine gets full and can't update, it's so incredible having no way to clean memory, no cache cleaning, no nothing, from smart this TV has nothing at all, also the TV is so smart that everyone connected on my router can send the command to watch youtube on my TV and it doesn't even ask for permission when my TV is private in my room, but many times I was playing a game on PS4 and youtube kept opening because my  brother was pressing watch on TV on his phone youtube app and we can't even deny permission (though the latest samsungs like my friends Q80 at least asks for permission and we can deny it, but most of the old samsungs we don't have that option)...