Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Smart Hub Deleting Apps

(Topic created on: 04-02-2019 07:29 AM)
l888-1
Journeyman
Options

Is anyone else having issues with their Smart hub on their TV's?

My smart hub has been updating and deleting my apps such as Amazon and Plex, when I re install them the Smart Hub updates and deletes these again. I have had the same issue on 3 of my Samsung Smart TV's

This happened yesterday yet they were all working fine the day before.

I have contacted Samsung and went through all the usal checks and TV resets with no success.

51 REPLIES 51
wilf21
Student
Options

Yes, looks like it's been fixed.  Thank you for letting us know.

0 Likes
heybudday
First Poster
Options

Tried a Smart Hub reset and app reinstall and it still won't connect. The app won't find or connect to my Plex Media Server. but the media server *is* working. I can use and read it on the PC in question. It will also detect via other third-party devices.

The issue is particular to the Plex app on the Samsung TV itself. The last time my Plex app was updated was in August 2018. Just wondering whether Plex is planning another update to this app.

0 Likes
HogemMa1
First Poster
Options

No it is not fixed, also on my samsung (the netherlands 2012) apps are disappearing, lucky Netflix is back but Plex.TV is still gone and also not available in the Samsung STore, i contacted Plesk.tv the said its a issue with samsung.

Please restore this app and stop removing working apps without notifications to buyers of samsung tv's

0 Likes
HogemMa1
First Poster
Options

No its not fixed The Netherlands apps are still disapearing Netflix just came back but Plex.tv is till gone please stop annoying your customers buy removeing the most used apps.

Please reinstall plex.tv

0 Likes
Razorbold
First Poster
Options

Hello

still not working for me either, reset hub and then search shows no Plex app, was working fine 2 weeks ago.

Thanks 

0 Likes
l888-1
Journeyman
Options
Try a manual update of the TV firmware using a USB stick and latest software from tbe Samsung website
0 Likes
Razorbold
First Poster
Options

Did try that, it won’t update saying it’s on the latest firmware, code on the website was version 4, tv is running version 7.

0 Likes
l888-1
Journeyman
Options
The only other thing I can suggest is resetting the TV and if that does not work contact Samsung support.
0 Likes
Razorbold
First Poster
Options

tried that, still no joy, the model is an ES6900 50 inch, must be 5 years old, so maybe they have dropped suppport, will give them a ring, thanks for the help.

0 Likes
Razorbold
First Poster
Options

well that was 15 minutes of my life I won't get back, support say it might have been dropped from my model support, but nothing definite, anyone know a way of either downgrading the firmware or installing the app manually?

0 Likes