Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Hub Apps Crashing

(Topic created on: 23-10-2021 12:26 PM)
Lewis
Apprentice
Options

I have been in touch by telephone with Samsung 8 times and for at least 45mins each time. The issue is that smart hub apps crash (mostly when the adverts come on) or at random times through episodes. The apps that are the worst for it are All 4 and ITV Hub. 
I have contacted Samsung and each time they ask me to do the exact same, smart hub reset and other resets. It has become tiresome that every time you repeat the same thing with no fix. 
I was promised from the first call that if it was not fixed then they would send out an engineer. After my 8th phone call I still hadn’t been sent an engineer however they said that I could take my 50” TV to the nearest service centre and if there was a problem they would fix it however if not I would have to pay for all of the costs of the fault finding. Samsung this is a disgrace considering the Tv is still under warranty. I elevated my complaint and was told that a manager would phone me back in 24-48 hours, of course they did not. 
End of the story is I have a Samsung TV that does not work correctly and have been let down numerous times by Samsung support. 
I will no longer be buying Samsung products due to the diabolical service I have received. 
Disgraceful Samsung, get the Smart Hub Apps fixed! 

34 REPLIES 34
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Lewis  

That's not what we like to hear. We are aware of an issue with the ITV Hub app, and this is currently under investigation. Could we take the full model code and current software version of your TV please? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About this TV.

0 Likes
Jim_sung
Journeyman
Options

Hello I have almost the exact same issue with my TV which I purchased in February. I also have issues with 4od, bbc iPlayer and itv hub in same way which you described. Also tried the factory reset many times and change of DNS which did not work. Very disappointed as I thought buying a Samsung wouldn’t cause such issues 😞

0 Likes
Lewis
Apprentice
Options

A5F8A163-8B55-442F-99DC-A014CA5C6BBC.jpeg 
Chris this issue has been happening for far too long. What does it take for Samsung to accept it and offer a replacement TV where this is not an issue? 

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Jim_sung 

We're sad to ear that you're also having issues with the apps mentioned. To enable us to add these details to the existing case, could we also take the full model code and current software version of your TV please? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About this TV.

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Thanks for the information @Lewis . As mentioned, we are currently investigating the issues you've mentioned and will pass on your details to the relevant team. We apologise for the inconvenience this is causing, and thank you for your patience regarding this issue. As soon as we have some feedback, we'll get back to you on here.

0 Likes
Great Uncle Bulgaria
First Poster
Options

I’ve also been having this problem on the ITV hub for many months.  It happens 2-3 times every program streamed through the ITV hub, usually when the adverts come on but we have noticed it also happens if the program is paused / restarted. It is a particular problem because ITV forces another set of adverts every restart.

The TV and app are up to date, this doesn’t happen on any other app.  The TV is a Q80T.

0 Likes
Jim_sung
Journeyman
Options

hi

model is:-
UE50TU8507UXXU

software-

T-NKLDEUC-2014.1,BT-S

thanks 

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Lewis  and @Jim_sung. It does look as though there is a software update available for your model of TV to version 2101.2. Could you please update the TV by going to Home > Settings > Support > Software Update > Update Now.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Great Uncle Bulgaria 

Could we take the full model code and current software version of your TV? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About this TV.

0 Likes