Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Smart Device trying to Connect Everytime

(Topic created on: 15-10-2020 06:29 PM)
ricsonarzola
Journeyman
Options

Hi Guys,

Is there anyway to totally disable the notification Smart Device "you must give permission to connect...." and automatically denied all request? I leave in a condo with a shared wifi and this always pos-up. I been trying to denied all that request for a month now and yet still many are trying to connect.

54 REPLIES 54
NRHTX
Journeyman
Options

Thank you, this worked.

0 Likes
ripley9
First Poster
Options

I bought a 65" Samsung  UA65RU&100WXXY.  I got constant bluetooth requests which continued dispite cancelling them and trying to block them with the main menu.  It was checked by two lots of Samsung enginners, they couldnt stop the bluetooth pairing.  I reported it as a complaint to Samsung, they said it was a limitation of the TV and that it was working normally.  They refused to replace or fix the issue.  I'm in Australia,  I reported the issue to the department of fair trading.  I don't know if the US has the equivalent.  They investigated and ordered Samsung to refund the TV . I stated in my complaint and it was one of Samsungs requirements under Australian law, that the "TV should work as expected 'and if there was a fault that the person "would not have bought the TV knowing the fault."  I stated this in my complaint and Samsung had to refund me.  Its a known issue that Samsung is brushing off and treating its customers like *****s.  Samsung is calling the issue a limitation rather than a fault and it expects customers to put up with a constant reminder flashing up on screen every 10 -30s.  There is an audible reminder and about 10% of the screen is blocked at the upper right hand side.  If theres the equivalent of a department of fair trading, report the TV.  They know its an issue but its taking a consumer watch dog to deal with each individual complaint before Samsung will do anything about the TV.  I will never buy anything from Samsung again.  Rude, poor, condesending customer service that lies about issues with their TVs.  They also admit its a problem with all there current models.  Steer clear of them and ask for a refund if you can get one

Ndh12345
First Poster
Options
Bluetooth dongle? Like for a keyboard and mouse? I have lots of those in my place.. I have got to solve this issue..
Vic_y
First Poster
Options

Read elsewhere that it is the facebook app that is causing your smartphone to trip your tv, it was happening to me and I forced stopped Facebook, it worked but the moment I relaunched the pop up came back too. 

0 Likes
NDH_1974
First Poster
Options

RESOLUTION

Ok, so after nearly 2 years of dealing with this pop up and getting run in circles by the support staff I escalated my problem to an actual supervisor. They offered a one time courtesy service at our home at no cost (after the warranty period had expired). The service tech pulled the back off the TV and replaced one of the "brain" electronic boards and the problem resolved 100% all pop ups can be answered now as they come up.. and don't come back every few minutes. So while yes facebook may have been part of the problem the bigger problem is a faulty circuit board. The guys were in and out of my house in less than 20 minutes. The lesson here is if you don't get a resolution then escalate to a supervisor. They will very likely want to take care of you.

Whirl11
Student
Options

Nice!

ssvenn
Student
Options

This started happening to me too recently, it's incredibly annoying! It would be trivial for Samsung to add a menu option to deny all bluetooth requests automatically even if they can't disable the bluetooth antenna entirely. Most of us are not even using bluetooth for anything, why on earth would the TV let anyone in range connect to it by default??

Jennings0527
First Poster
Options

I was about to lose it. I turned off bluetooth and that worked for me. 

Teacher_Emmar
First Poster
Options

Settings>General>Network>Expert Settings and turn off the "Power On with Mobile"

0 Likes
MotoJoe 250
Journeyman
Options

This is still an issue and there is still no fix for it??