Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Smart Device trying to Connect Everytime

(Topic created on: 18-05-2020 10:54 PM)
ricsonarzola
Journeyman
Options

Hi Guys,

Is there anyway to totally disable the notification Smart Device "you must give permission to connect...." and automatically denied all request? I leave in a condo with a shared wifi and this always pos-up. I been trying to denied all that request for a month now and yet still many are trying to connect.

54 REPLIES 54
tmitm
Student
Options

so I have the same problem. are you saying I have to accept it and then I can deny it???

0 Likes
tmitm
Student
Options

I have the same problem and I don't have Facebook

RizSPT
First Poster
Options

Hi, have you find a solution to this problem?

I recently have this problem and the device not even in my networks. It is from Samsung Galaxy and none in my house use this device.

I hope samsung resolve this soon.

BryK1
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I just bought a new 2020 43" Frame TV from Best Buy.  I am continually getting a message saying "Smart Device" "Your permission is required to connect to this TV" "Allow, Deny, Close". I have read that it has something to do with Facebook but I've closed the Facebook app and even tried uninstalling the Facebook app on all my devices.  The message still pops up every so often.  Anyone else have this problem? Help? 

TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @BryK1 ,

I have merged your post to this as they are similar. Please try the steps listed here to see if they helps.

0 Likes
Duchecosta
First Poster
Options

I can't not accept to give permission to connect using my remote control for a new device on my tv, I been trying with different remote but I just can't accept therefore I can't stream my laptop screen on my tv. Please let me know what I should do. 

0 Likes
Madasahat
Voyager
Options

if you have android or samsund phone it tries to set the tv for you by setting up wifi etc just allow once and then get omni and scan network

BryK1
Apprentice
Options
How to get omni. Thanks!
0 Likes
BryK1
Apprentice
Options
And how to scan network? Sorry I'm new to this.
0 Likes
Madasahat
Voyager
Options

@BryK1 wrote:
And how to scan network? Sorry I'm new to this.

If the fix worked forget about network scan. Let your phone connect and just ask the once. I have it set up I go in front room TV and Xbox turn on die to GPS trigger and turns on my AV. But I am a nerd!!

0 Likes