Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Device pop up bug

(Topic created on: 17-02-2021 08:30 PM)
MotoJoe 250
Journeyman
Options

image.jpg

Since moving to another address, a pop up keeps appearing saying I need to allow/deny a smart things device from connecting to my tv. My phone has been connected for a long time, and no other devices could be  attempting to connect to my tv. PLEASE fix this bug, as having a pop up every 1-3 minutes while watching a film is the most disruptive thing I’ve ever experienced with a tv. Even with the setting to stop the notification after the first time doesn’t solve it, I’ve seen posts where 100+ notifications stack in the Device list so it is quite clearly a bug. 

21 REPLIES 21
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Just wonder if could be a neighbour's device trying to connect ?
0 Likes
MotoJoe 250
Journeyman
Options

No, because even if I allow the 20 notifications that pop up, nothing changes,  nobody plays anything, it’s just the tv attempting to connect to my phone OR the smart things app attempting to connect to the tv every 1-2 minutes, 

0 Likes
MotoJoe 250
Journeyman
Options

If it helps with diagnosis it started when I moved the tv to a new location 

0 Likes
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
have you tried resetting the tv to factory Setting?
0 Likes
MotoJoe 250
Journeyman
Options

No not yet, rather not loose all my custom settings over something which seems like it should be a simple fix 

Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
yeah I understand kinda frustrating getting things how you want them then something like that happens. Well hope you get it sorted soon.
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Don't know if you use the Smart Things app as such - if not can you disable the app on your phone to see if it then stops
0 Likes
MotoJoe 250
Journeyman
Options

I have it, but I’ve never really used it properly, haven’t touched it for months but I checked it when this bug started. I’ll try uninstalling the app when I’m home to see if this resolves it

0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi - am not sure you can uninstall the app but if not you should see option to disable it when you long press on the icon - good luck hope it solves it for you !
0 Likes