Did you mean: 

Smart device permission notification

(Topic created on: 23-09-2019 12:39 PM)
H1994
First Poster
Options

image.jpg

image.jpg

I keep getting a notification to allow/deny permission for a smart device. You can see from the first photo the notifications are set to off but they still happen. I don’t even know what could be trying to connect and how? Is it via Bluetooth because the tv doesn’t show up under Bluetooth devices on my phone. Any idea how to stop this?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
CarlH
Options

Hi @H1994. It could be possible that someone in the vicinity is attempting to connect to your TV. 

0 Likes
Ogs
First Poster
Options

I have this same problem of a blutooth device trying to connect to my tv does anyone have the answer to this? I've tried everything!

0 Likes
AnthonyWest
Journeyman
Options

I am also seeing similar issue where ALLOWED smart devices on my home netowork are being callenged over and over again with this notification window, even though i have approeved the devices and even locked their IP ADDRESS so MAC and IP address are not changing to eliminate that being why my 2020 model smasung TV is asking EVERY TIME even with "notifications turned off".   Feels like a Samsung TV OS bug, nothing else.   HELP

Options

I have the exact same problem. This is definitely a firmware bug. In my case, I am trying to use my phone as a remote control (iPhone 11 pro Max with latest iOS, via multiple apps from the AppStore). Having to approve the connection from my phone to the TV (2019 series 7) with the actual remote defeats the purpose of using a virtual remote. By the looks of it, the bug has been around for a while, but Samsung are yet to fix it (if they will ever bother to fix it). What’s going on, @samsung?

Slopez
First Poster
Options

I have the same exact problem. I never had to allow the remote access to the tv every single time. I’ve gone into the device list and everything. Also have the series 7 with an iphone XR. 

0 Likes
tracey335
Apprentice
Options

It happens when people go onto Facebook 

0 Likes
DarrenBee
First Poster
Options

It happens to me whenever I attempt to use YouTube from my Samsung phone, or use that same phone as a remote control (Smart Things). It's ridiculous, and needs to be fixed.

0 Likes