Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart apps disappeared

(Topic created on: 17-12-2019 08:07 PM)
Josephine1976
Student
Options

The other day BBC iplayer wasn’t working so I performed a smart app reset. Now most of my smart apps have gone and I can’t get them back. I only really used iplayer, itvplayer so those are the ones I would like.

any ideas?

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Josephine1976 

Did you manage to resolve this or are you still having the same issue?

Josephine1976
Student
Options

Hi ChrisM.

Still haven’t manage to retrieve any apps. Tried resetting smart hub and tv to factory settings and still no recognisable apps or games. Software version is 2880 which tv says is the latest version.

0 Likes
Keizar
First Poster
Options

Hi, was this resolved? I have the same problem. All my apps have gone and I tried everything.

0 Likes
Josephine1976
Student
Options

No, I still have only rubbish apps that I dont use 🙁

0 Likes
mrwjones
First Poster
Options

I am having exactly the same issue! Performed resets on tv and smart hub after Iplayer stpped working and have now lost ALL of my apps - Iplayer, ITV Hub, All 4, My5 etc. It's like it doesn't recognise the region I'm in as I've got a load of default apps that I don't even recognise. Need my apps back for the Christmas TV viewing! Help please....

0 Likes
Josephine1976
Student
Options
I’ve tried everything too. Looked online for solutions but nothing has worked.
0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi all.

Could you firstly check that the software on your TV is up to date? Go to Menu > Support > Software Update > Update Now. Please then, power your TV off and wait 30 seconds, after this power the TV back on and wait 5 minutes. During this time do not press the Smart Hub button. Once you have waited 5 minutes, please power the TV off at the mains and wait another 30 seconds. Now, when you turn on the TV, have all your Smart Hub apps reappeared?

Please get back to us if you're still experiencing issues!

0 Likes
Josephine1976
Student
Options

Yes I checked that the software was up to date but I will try to power off etc.

Thanks

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Thanks @Josephine1976. Let us know how you get on!

0 Likes