Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small White Circles on TV screen

(Topic created on: 03-08-2018 02:04 AM)
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

By small I mean a 20mm dia small white circles in a grid pattern are visble on the display, Its particularly bad on plain backrounds but evident all the time. Photos don't show it very well but I have attached one to try and help. You have to look carefully - its more obvious than this when watching. The TV model is UE50KU6000K and it just over two years old. We have four Samsung TV's in the house - I hope this isn't going to be a trend!

circles.jpg

275 REPLIES 275
Patrickcoyle
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same problem. White rings just appeared this evening. Qucik Google search shows this is a very common problem (UE50KU6000K) the tv is a few years old but i would expect this to last longer. Is anything been done about this? 

0 Likes
JoePav-521
Apprentice
Options

Nothing. YouTube has a few fixes but you have to be handy to even attempt the fix.

0 Likes
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

Just out of interest, the Sony that I replaced the original Samsung with has just gone phut! Just switched off on its own and won't come on again. Its just over 2 years old! These things just aren't made to last anymore I'm afraid. They're made to a price not a spec.

At least I got it from John Lewis and have free 5 years parts and labour.

0 Likes
deadl0ck
Student
Options

I just wondering where you all have your TVs placed ?

Mine is on the wall but over a fireplace (but it is pretty well shielded from direct heat) - but it still would be a much warmer spot that normal

I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it.

Also - those YouTube videos all seem to be about bright spots as opposed to the circles, but it could be the same problem. Looking at the videos it looks like a little diffuser lens over each backlight LED has fallen off and basically you glue them back on again - that's why I was wondering about the position of the TV and if it's near a heat source as that would dry out the glue holding them in place quicker (and hence cause this problem in the first place)

Also - looking at those videos is seems like that if you can lift up the TV and while it's upright (like when you view it) and you tilt down the left side, then the right side and do that a few time you should hear/feel those little lenses moving around in it if that's the issue.. (Hope that make sense)

I might try that with mine when I get a chance.

0 Likes
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

Just to update on my post above regarding the Sony that I replaced the Samsung with that has gone off to the repairers. First finding was the motherboard had failed, further investigation revealed that the screen had gone too. So, like the Samsung TV that started started this thread, a 55" 4K TV just over two years old only fit for the tip!!

John Lewis have told us they will provide an equivalent TV or the monetary value of an equivalent TV if we want something else. Pretty good from JL I think.

Pretty poor for TV longevity in general though.

0 Likes
ADM15
First Poster
Options

I have just expeienced similar 2 white circles on my TV screen. It is a curved model UE55JU6500, unfortunately just over 5 years old. I bought it from John Lewis on a 5 year warranty but unfortunately it is just out of warranty with them. I tried to contact Samsung for help / goodwill support as I consider this a product defect as so many similar complaints on this forum.  Got passed from various different call centres and eventually got case ref opened and escalated to UK based customer care manager and go final " out of warranty do not care" reject e-mail.  Refused to acknowledge this forum or product defect issues..  Been quoted £200 for cost of repair. Don't feel I have tools or skills to break down TV and do repair myself as shown on YouTube videos. Any advice as to how to progess against faulty Samsumg product?

0 Likes
greenpea
First Poster
Options
we've got the same fault plus other Samsung tvs.
will not buy another
0 Likes
R6R1DER
Apprentice
Options

I just dropped 15k for reno, not one penny went to samsung. Time to speak with your wallet guys,

0 Likes
razvanmg
Journeyman
Options

I bought a replacement from another brand (which also supports Dolby vision). I will not be going back to Samsung anymore. I was a fan of the tv brand but, after the way they handled this, not anymore.

0 Likes
Not_Too_Happy
First Poster
Options

This is a design defect that Samsung will not admit to or help with.  Google "samsung TV white spots" to find hundreds of unhappy customers

0 Likes