Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small White Circles on TV screen

(Topic created on: 03-08-2018 02:04 AM)
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

By small I mean a 20mm dia small white circles in a grid pattern are visble on the display, Its particularly bad on plain backrounds but evident all the time. Photos don't show it very well but I have attached one to try and help. You have to look carefully - its more obvious than this when watching. The TV model is UE50KU6000K and it just over two years old. We have four Samsung TV's in the house - I hope this isn't going to be a trend!

circles.jpg

275 REPLIES 275
cminer72
Journeyman
Options

@Vicky95 wrote:

No, since it's faint and is more visible only in panning shots  it's difficult to record it on a camera, I tried it but cant.Even in this pic I adjusted the exposure to make it visible.But it's very annoying in panning shots and while watching sports.Screenshot_20200415-135656__01__01.jpg

I don't think you have the same thing as the others.  Yours looks like uniformity variation, as in dirty screen effect.  This is actually normal in most LCDs to some degree.  More so in full array panels like the Q80R.  It's unavoidable and just a drawback of the technology.  So the technician is correct in not finding a problem actually.  Your Q80R is a full array and not edge lit, unlike the others here commenting on the problem.  Unless I'm wrong and someone else with a full array here is also seeing the white circles or bright spots?  But the tv in this picture actually looks fine.  And full array panels are preferable to edge lit.  On the plus side, uniformity doesn't usually change.  So your tv won't get worse over time with this issue.

KevinBeard
First Poster
Options

Samsung TV tech support team in UK claiming not to know anyone called Ant. Do you have contact details? Thanks in advance

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Would you be able to tell us if you are trying to get this inspected? If so, the best way to get this done is by contacting your nearest Support Centre. Find the nearest one from HERE.

0 Likes
razvanmg
Journeyman
Options

Dear moderator,

Why doesn't Samsung take responsibility for this manufacturing defect and fix it free of charge?

Ten years ago, Samsung meant reliability also. Today, not so much. What is the difference between your tvs and the Chinese tv brands (besides higher prices)?

RazvanZ
Apprentice
Options

This is outrageous. My TV is not even two years old and I have a screen full of small white circles clearly visible on white background. I will contact the authorized Samsung service on Monday and I'm so curious what they will say about it and if they can fix it.

Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

As its less than two years old at least you should be ok to get it fixed free of charge under warranty.

Many responding to this thread have had TV's only a fraction over two years old and Samsung aren't interested, even in a goodwill gesture, which in the past they used to be very good with. My faulty TV was sold to someone who was going to use it as a games console and I replaced it with a Sony.

Best of luck.

0 Likes
GraemeKirby
Student
Options

Same ere white circles have appeared on my tv too, not even 3 yrs old, just looked back on this forum and issues where reported in 2018. I guess Samsung are doing their best to rectify the issue....NOT........

NOT ACCEPTABLE SAMSUNG 

SAMSUNG you need to get a grip of this issue and clearly there is an issue.......

GraemeKirby
Student
Options

Customer service Samsung is disgusting .........all these people on this forum can’t be wrong.......but like every other company, quick to take your money, but when there’s an issue they don’t want to know.......

Proby01
First Poster
Options

I have now the same issue of the darn white circles, 4 years old TV, Warranty expired last year, 3 years after the purchase, in Italy.
No mercy, no understanding, the repair, replacement of the screen would cost more than a new TV.
Only gesture is offering a coupon with a 30% off purchase of a new Samsung TV, which I am not sure I want to do.
Anybody knows if the new Qled can have the same issue ?... thanks

0 Likes
misterdog
Student
Options

@moderators, so far we've only seen referals to customer support but they will obviously state that we can have it repaired on our own cost if the warranty is void. My 4K Samsung TV is now almost 3 years old and I too have these same circles all over my screen. There are many affected and it is not acceptable that a TV only lasts 2 to 3 years before developing this issue. Especially when people pay top dollar for a product they would expect to last at least 5 years or more without developing issues like these. Can you state if we are eligible for a free revision outside of warranty yes or no? Thanks in advance and don't refer me to customer service please there are already a 100 or more people in this thread alone...