Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small White Circles on TV screen

(Topic created on: 03-08-2018 02:04 AM)
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

By small I mean a 20mm dia small white circles in a grid pattern are visble on the display, Its particularly bad on plain backrounds but evident all the time. Photos don't show it very well but I have attached one to try and help. You have to look carefully - its more obvious than this when watching. The TV model is UE50KU6000K and it just over two years old. We have four Samsung TV's in the house - I hope this isn't going to be a trend!

circles.jpg

275 REPLIES 275
razvanmg
Journeyman
Options
I will send mine for repairs to and independent repair man next week. After describing the problem to him, he also suggested changing the backlight leds (also some resistance changes in the tv power supply to prevent backlight overheating). All in all, around 130 euros.
0 Likes
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options
The advice I got from an independent back in August last year was that it was uneconomic to repair because it required a new screen. I would certainly have paid £100 or so for a repair. Maybe as its becoming a more common fault the independents have geared up to repair it?
Hope it all goes well.
razvanmg
Journeyman
Options

Just a quick updated.

I've spoken with another repairman, and he gave me a few more details regarding the costs and if it's worth repairing.

Basically, there are two options for repair:

1. Using original backlight parts, 350 euro.

2. Using chinese backlight parts (aftermarket), 150 euro.

He adivse to go with none of the two above. The first one is obviously  too expensive.

For the second one, he does not guarentee that the same thing won't happen after a few months.

For now, I'll continue with the tv as it is, and will repalce it when the image becomes unwatchable.

0 Likes
Ghost-Dogg
First Poster
Options

I do this out of poor customer service experience over the years with all manufactures of expensive Tech:

A week or so before warranty runs out, I submit a ticket for generic issue without details PRIOR to end of warranty.

Any isssue that creeps up EVEN after the warranty can be traced back to my orginal ticket and have to be honored.

They play games i play games!

0 Likes
BRITKO
Student
Options

551FD44A-3CFC-4A23-9220-EE309DC7389C.jpeg

F35717D9-2400-450A-B121-45B2D6B19FB3.jpeg

And so it continues 😡

DazzaNI
Student
Options

To be honest, I have never known such a large and successful company to plead such ignorance over what is clearly a manufacturing defect.

When Samsung advised that I should seek local repair, at my cost I reached out further, and found this was a significant and under-reported issue. As such I have turned from Samsung completely, and have successfully done the same for others.

If Samsung wish to turn their backs on their loyal customers then their loyal customers should turn their backs on Samsung.

Where Samsung products have been promoted, those visitors who see those great deals will also see a link to this thread in the Samsung forum, it is silly for Samsung to ignore the clear and obvious frustration from their customers, especially where products are only a year or two old. New customers need to be warned about the back-turning they may face if their products exhibit a defect.

If you are in the UK please consider the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and the Consumer Contracts Regulations, refer to the 'Which' website for further details, if Samsung won't resolve the issue for you then the original product seller may have to address the issue on your behalf, you will be quite surprised at how long your TV should be expected to last under the above act.

I wish you all the best of luck in getting your issues resolved, but from me, family, friends and colleagues, no more Samsung products, no matter how good a deal it may seem, you can get better products with a much longer guarantee for less, Samsung have a marketplace fight on their hands, this thread alone does not help their cause, self-inflicted brand damage is often irreparable!

R6R1DER
Apprentice
Options

Same exact problem in 2020. white spots near the bottom of the screen. is Samsung planning to do a recall? seems like a common problem.

0 Likes
Note_7
Apprentice
Options
Your brother says if you stop watching Sister Wives that the small white circles automatically disappear.
0 Likes
JoePav1
First Poster
Options

KRU****....! 🤬😆

0 Likes
Note_7
Apprentice
Options

Hey BRITKO, can you please point on the screen where you're seeing the small white circles?  Five more arrows may help us determine the exact location.

0 Likes