Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small White Circles on TV screen

(Topic created on: 22-12-2018 05:06 PM)
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

By small I mean a 20mm dia small white circles in a grid pattern are visble on the display, Its particularly bad on plain backrounds but evident all the time. Photos don't show it very well but I have attached one to try and help. You have to look carefully - its more obvious than this when watching. The TV model is UE50KU6000K and it just over two years old. We have four Samsung TV's in the house - I hope this isn't going to be a trend!

circles.jpg

275 REPLIES 275
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

Samsung will refer you to whoever is their repair company for your area but the repair will be chargeable and in my case at least, uneconomic. 

I did find a youtube video that took you through a repair but the guy doing it was a tv techy and had the right tools. It was a bit beyond what I was prepared to take on.

Agree that its pretty poor and the new tv that I bought from QVC to replace it had a sound fault so I returned it under their (QVC's) 30 day no quibble guarantee and bought a Sony from John lewis with a 5 year warranty built in.

Stueyb
Pioneer
Options

Someone told me the screen and the frame are too tight and to loosen them half a turn as the lamps are against the screen.

Also do you have a link to that YouTube video?

0 Likes
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

No sorry.

Stueyb
Pioneer
Options
Put TV on gumtree and picking up a Hisense 4k tomorrow as you get a 3 year warranty with their stuff. Done with Samsung also
Ppg1976
Journeyman
Options

I might try the loosen the screen . Thanks . Just seem a waste on a tv 2 yrs old to get another one 

Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

I sold mine for a £100 to someone who wanted a games console.

50" curved UHD TV, some games console but the £100 helped.

I'have a look for that video but it was a few months ago now.

0 Likes
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

Search on youtube for samsung tv backlight fault, there's loads.

Enjoy!

0 Likes
towns6413
First Poster
Options

This has just started happening to mine after 2 and a bit years. luckily it's insured!20190102_184440.jpg

0 Likes
Stueyb
Pioneer
Options

I am gonna keep complaining until the repair it

0 Likes
Stueyb
Pioneer
Options

Let me know what the issue is please

0 Likes