Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small White Circles on TV screen

(Topic created on: 30-12-2019 02:43 PM)
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

By small I mean a 20mm dia small white circles in a grid pattern are visble on the display, Its particularly bad on plain backrounds but evident all the time. Photos don't show it very well but I have attached one to try and help. You have to look carefully - its more obvious than this when watching. The TV model is UE50KU6000K and it just over two years old. We have four Samsung TV's in the house - I hope this isn't going to be a trend!

circles.jpg

275 REPLIES 275
jesuita
Apprentice
Options

In the meanwhile, about this spot I had it just disapeared, don't know why but one problem less.

The white circles are there, not sure there is anything I can do about them.

0 Likes
Powder
First Poster
Options

I have same problem. 4K tv about 2 years old.  My other Samsung tv are fine.  Sounds like flaw in 4k technology 

0 Likes
Sotto
Explorer
Options

I think we should all write a referral to Samsung. It is obvious that we have no solution and we write for nothing here.

0 Likes
Sam_had_sung
First Poster
Options

For everyone having small white circles in a grid pattern, that started one at a time and slowly covered the screen over a couple years, you have no liability here to fix this. warranty is for when YOU break the TV under certain conditions. when the TV is defective you can get Samsung to pay for it. don’t listen to the first person you contact, they are paid to filter the people out who can afford to just buy a new one. the best thing to do if the TV in question is a 2014 model or later, is to go to settings and schedule a technician appointment. they will call you first and they will test the tv, then send someone to fix it.

if your tv is having the white circle issue, it’s the black light panel. it’s actually fixable at home with 30 min and some super glue. just be VERY gentle with the parts when taking them apart. and that A-hole that knows everything about consumer law is no smarter than you because he spent 20 min thinking up big words to sound smart. if he had any actual knowledge he would of shared some of it, besides saying kiss samsung’s butt from the start and maybe they’ll be kind enough to fix your gear. a company this large could careless what you post, they’ll survive next quarter earnings regardless. but don’t give up right away, and try to use the settings on your tv to contact support. this should help your issue, but this white circle problem IS samsung’s fault and shouldn’t be cause for a new tv purchase 2 years later.

0 Likes
Jacki28
Journeyman
Options

I had my screen repaired for the 3rd time just under 3 weeks ago having paid £550.00 for the repair! The problem is already starting again less than 3 weeks from replacement. I'm at my wits end I cannot afford to keep paying for repairs 😡So disappointed with Samsung!So disappointed with Samsung!

0 Likes
Barrowman
First Poster
Options

Well my warranty is for 1 year so how can I claim after 2 1/2 years?

Some of you might consider a class action  to sort this out and spending £550 on a repair sonds like a bad decision.

I have bought a Hisense 43" with a better spec from Joh Lewis for £339 and it has a 5 year warranty including accidental damage.

If anyone asks me I tell them not to buy Samsung as this has been a fault which they don't seem to be trying to fix so there is a good chance that buying a new one now will cause the same problem.

0 Likes
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

1. @Barrowman wrote:

Well my warranty is for 1 year so how can I claim after 2 1/2 years?

Some of you might consider a class action  to sort this out and spending £550 on a repair sonds like a bad decision.

I have bought a Hisense 43" with a better spec from Joh Lewis for £339 and it has a 5 year warranty including accidental damage.

If anyone asks me I tell them not to buy Samsung as this has been a fault which they don't seem to be trying to fix so there is a good chance that buying a new one now will cause the same problem.

Very similar to what I did. Agree that advising not to buy Samsung is all we can really do unless somebody wants to take on Samsung in the courts. Reading this I wish I had tried a little harder to fix mine but thats another issue.
0 Likes
C-3PO
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue, contacted Samsung and was told they will not fix it free of charge because it is out-of-warranty.

Considering how widespread the problem is, it's clearly a production issue and they should offer a fix or replacement program for the affected 2016-2017 models, regardless of country of purchase and if it's under warranty or not.

I will refer this thread to their VOC department for review. So far it seems they pick and choose who gets the free-of-charge repair even though we all have the same issue. It's not a fair treatment and will bring them long-term bad publicity, once the word of mouth spreads.

0 Likes
2old4this
Pioneer
Options

I have the same problem on Samsung  UE48JU6500 on top screen1577973255888629283377008185906.jpg

0 Likes
Billydkid
First Poster
Options

I have the same issues with my TV. Mine is also a 4K, less than 3 years old. Very disappointing to see such poor customer service from Samsung. I thought they were a much better company. I too, will consider other brands going forward 

0 Likes