Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small White Circles on TV screen

(Topic created on: 11-11-2019 09:12 PM)
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

By small I mean a 20mm dia small white circles in a grid pattern are visble on the display, Its particularly bad on plain backrounds but evident all the time. Photos don't show it very well but I have attached one to try and help. You have to look carefully - its more obvious than this when watching. The TV model is UE50KU6000K and it just over two years old. We have four Samsung TV's in the house - I hope this isn't going to be a trend!

circles.jpg

275 REPLIES 275
Stueyb
Pioneer
Options

Just sell it for parts and never buy a Samsung again would be my advice

CraigHendo
First Poster
Options

Samsung fixed it free of charge - as good as new. So happy with their service 

0 Likes
CraigHendo
First Poster
Options

Yep same as mine was. Samsung sent a technician and fixed it free of charge. Very happy. 

0 Likes
CharlieCharlie
Journeyman
Options

Was yours in Warranty? 

0 Likes
JK25
First Poster
Options

Well they outright refused me and referred me to the trading standards office. I'm guessing your TV must have been within the warranty period. 

0 Likes
Sotto
Explorer
Options
It's not normal to do this randomly. But most certainly it was in warranty and anyway it is the same user who says the same thing in two posts ... maybe even one from samsung, who can know ..
0 Likes
Stueyb
Pioneer
Options

If over 2 years and a day then sell it for parts

0 Likes
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

Make a big poster saying ...

"Samsung UHD TV, just over two years old with screen fault.

Uneconomic to repair, Samsung not interested. 

Free for spares or its going down the tip."

And stick it on the wall outside the house, hopefully on a busy road.

JamesD83
Student
Options

So this issue recently happened on my 3year old 60 series TV. And I followed the forum with interest in a fix. 

So I thought I would reply to say I fixed my TV. 

I bought some replacement LED backlight strips from Ali Express that matched my TV model number and followed some very helpful videos o  YouTube..was able to carefully take the back panel off the TV and remove the bezel. Lift the screen and diffusion out  to get to the strips.  I replaced the entire set very quickly and within 1 hr had the TV up and running again. 

It cost lest than 30 GBP to fix and has made all the white circles go away. 

The TV is now good as new. Ad I have ordered a second set  just in case they ever go again.

Dont get disheartened and remember that everything has a lifespan and is usually fixable. Save the planet and dont throw away. 

CharlieCharlie
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for your post. Going to give it a go myself. What YouTube video did you use for reference? I've got a Series 60 TV as well (UE50KU6000)

0 Likes